I Got Double Overhand

rolf

For months I've struggled with DO bending. I've bent everything DU because of not being able to more than just kink an IM yellow maybe 2-3 degrees DO. Overall, I've been bending for a bit more than a year, once a week.

After I got past the blue with DU, my wrists started not liking me. Therefore, I decided to learn the DO style. To say I've been discouraged a couple of times would be an understatement.

Well, today everything just clicked. First, I bent a yellow I had just kinked that aforementioned 2-3 degrees a few days ago. It took me two tries to get it today. I tried another one and killed it. Was that a fluke? Grabbed a third and killed it too. I was walking on clouds by this time. :rock Grabbed a 6-1/2" yellow - and killed it. Then a blue - same thing. Then a 5-1/2" blue, equalling my DU PB - it lasted 15 seconds tops. For a PB I went, a 5" blue. I got stopped at around 70-80 degrees. Oh well, not too bad... :laugh

I'll go for 3-4 blues next time. The demise of the 5" blue is nigh.

Just last weekend I wouldn't have believed I would be now thinking of doing several blues in one workout DO. :whacked:rock

Rolle

hey congrats!! If there is one thing i learned about bending is that bending doesn't come overnight...

Congrats!

I still know exactly how it felt to suddenly 'fully' understand the DO style.

Before I finally got DO I was able to kink G8s using Du (and bend 5.5" G5s DU) but I was not able to even kink a Yellow DO.

After another session with Dave Morton on webcam I finally got it done.

I not only bent the Yellow, I bent the G5 and the G8 also in the same workout.

5 weeks later the Red.

Don't you just love it when everything just miraculously comes together at one moment in time and BAM! as Emeril would shout you KICK IT UP ANOTHER NOTCH! :tongue

I think that as you hone your DO style for your particular body you will be shocked at how fast you will progress rolf.

Great Job rolf! The force keep using you must Jedi! :laugh

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! Now I can concentrate on progression again, instead of holding back tears of frustration. :cool

Porky,

Well, when I did my first warm-up with a green, something clicked in my hand. It was so loud that even my GF noticed it and asked if it was the fingers or the wrists. So maybe that was it. :D Seriously, my guess is I found the right hand positioning: where to put the ends of the nails (my thumb pads hate me now) and index fingers, and how to line up my wrists. I could even feel the nail yield a bit by just applying light pressure to it with my wrists when assuming the starting position.

Rolle

man 1 day i bent a 60d DO out of nowhere i couldnt even do a yellow before that. my shit clicked.

then i forgot how to do it.

but it just came back to me today after many days of trying haha.

what worked for me was sticking my shoulders forward and my elbows out in front of me. hard to explain but it works for me.

I can bend 60Ds (the highest I've tried till I find other stuff) DU but DO I don't think I can bend a glowing red coat hanger :blink .

I keep reading the bending stick with D Morton in it but just cant seem to get the technique down. Does anyone have any other pictures of position/technique or know of any videos it shows it clearly in? I may have to have it explained slightly different and I'll get it. Soon it shall click for the dude, because my wrists are starting to not like me either.

Five minute later update:

Cannot bend Timber Tie, cannot get it at all. I feel like I'm getting a cramp in my bicep and that I have zero leverage when I get into that position. I feel like I'm trying to bend it across my chest and my grip on the nail feels like its gotta be loose in order to get the least bit leverage.