equipment

willardjamessloan

First of all, welcome to the GripBoard!!   :)

Now then..... you ask how far away are you from closing the IM #3?  Do you have a #3 gripper?  Only you would know for sure.  The difference between closing the #2 and the #3 is a vast one.  You'll really have to train for the #3.  You're wise in deciding about a grip machine - that will get you there faster than any other method.  Check out this website:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/9165.html

It's a great grip machine for a beginner.  I still have mine and use it on a regular basis.  You could go with the Gripnator from PDA, but my suggestion is to start with something simple and work your way up.  Best of luck to you and keep us informed on your grip training!!  :D  :D

Guest DavidHW

About a month ago, just for the heck of it, I closed my No. 2 for 24 straight reps, letting the handles reach full width after each rep.

I still do not have a clean, unstabilized, certifiable close on my No. 3. :-(

David

Guest Canthar

I would agree with Sybersnott, that's the same gripmachine I use currently and it works verywell for me. With my hand size the weight never rests on the springs which keeps constant tension going. I've also used it for soem pinch grip work.

Canthar

Today.... I did 3 sets of five reps of 150 pounds on that grip machine I mentioned.  What a pump!! :)  :)

Today.... I did 3 sets of five reps of 150 pounds on that grip machine I mentioned.  What a pump!! :)  :)

Pump?!

Pump?!

Snott, you are on the wrong site! ;)