Sidepressure

JamesG

The best way is to train the sidepressure at a table with a pulley, I think. An inner tube works good too and is cheap. Just fix it at the side of the table.

I have my table set up with surgical tubing, rather than a pulley... I have tubing coming diagonally, from the side, from the front, and fron above... it's a good time.

I also have a bullworker... I found it in my dads basement years ago, and it's awesome for side pressure, you just have to get a feel for it, and what position to have it in.

Do they even make them anymore??

• 3 years later...

I've played with Jump Stretch bands recently (the mini's obviously) and I loop them around the handle on our reverse hyper and use the pad as the...uh...pad and pull away.

Did it once a week for about 4 weeks and now I have to back off seriously. Rough stuff but good stuff.

I've been doing standing L curls, at least that's what I think they're called, going towards my centerline. I make sure I keep the elbow pinned to my side. I used a cable crossover with the adjustable pulley. I warm up with a set of 20 and then do triples for increasing weight each set. I haven't had chance to test this on the table yet but I think this is really helping my side pressure. It used to hurt when I would do side pressure against a door jamb and now I can blow into full force and get fatigued but my elbow and forearm feel great and I can also hit to the side on my bands without pain.

I've been doing standing L curls, at least that's what I think they're called, going towards my centerline. I make sure I keep the elbow pinned to my side. I used a cable crossover with the adjustable pulley. I warm up with a set of 20 and then do triples for increasing weight each set. I haven't had chance to test this on the table yet but I think this is really helping my side pressure. It used to hurt when I would do side pressure against a door jamb and now I can blow into full force and get fatigued but my elbow and forearm feel great and I can also hit to the side on my bands without pain.

Is that a curl to your side?

Did a google image search and got this

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view...;sigb=13pa2cmj7

Scroll down to internal rotator cuff. I would do mine with my forearm parallel to ground though, her's appears elevated and her elbow seems to come away from her side a little whereas I concentrate on keeping my pinned.

In addition to everything else posted, I've also seen Klimenko using a bunch of bungee cords.

Be careful working your side pressure.

It's easy to get injured.

Working hand control and back pressure is more

important IMO.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe