About Heavy Grips

Henry Adolfo

I'm looking for some inexpensive grippers to start...posted in to buy section, but no one replied. I'm thinking of buying some HG's...all five of them, since they're fairly inexpensive and the jumps are more progressive than IM's.

I've seen lots of companies selling them...fbbc, apt, etc. Which other company sells them? Which has the best deal and service?

Thanks in advance.

Heavygrips.com or whatever has them for $50 for five, comes out to $62 with shipping. I paid $82 then they switched to $50...sucks, haha...

Thats pretty cheap though.

The ironmind grippers are worth the extra dollars if you don't have any. I'd rather have 2 IM grippers than all 5 heavy grips. In fact, I bought the 200,250,300 combo direct from heavy grips for $45. I sold them about 2 months later, barely used.

The HG100 is too light, easier than the trainer by quite a bit. The knurling on the HG250 and HG300 isn't sharp enough for the resistance and they slide all over your hand.

I've been looking for inexpensive grippers to file down. I'll have to check out HG then.

The ironmind grippers are worth the extra dollars if you don't have any.  I'd rather have 2 IM grippers than all 5 heavy grips.  In fact, I bought the 200,250,300 combo direct from heavy grips for $45.  I sold them about 2 months later, barely used.

The HG100 is too light, easier than the trainer by quite a bit.  The knurling on the HG250 and HG300 isn't sharp enough for the resistance and they slide all over your hand.

scott thanks for the suggestion...

Actually, I mailed heavy sports to inquiry...but they don't accept western union transfers. I don't have any other payment method...I'm in Panama.

I'll checkout the IM again...any other site for buying, in addition to IM and elitefts?

Thanks in advance.

By the way...what's better, to start with a 1 or the trainer? I was told to get both 1 and 2, since the process of mastering the 1 was fast.

Edited by Henry Adolfo

http://www.functionalhandstrength.com/ sells the ironmind grippers. I know Amazon.com in the US also sells them.

The gripper to start with depends on how strong you are. An experienced lifter is going to master the #1 pretty quickly. An athlete involved in sports that aren't strength orientated would probably want to start with the T. I personally could barely close the Trainer when I started, but my maxes on the powerlifts are all under 200lbs.

The ironmind grippers are worth the extra dollars if you don't have any.  I'd rather have 2 IM grippers than all 5 heavy grips.  In fact, I bought the 200,250,300 combo direct from heavy grips for $45.  I sold them about 2 months later, barely used.

The HG100 is too light, easier than the trainer by quite a bit.  The knurling on the HG250 and HG300 isn't sharp enough for the resistance and they slide all over your hand.

Actually, I agree with everything Scott said. IMs are much better. He's dead on about the HG250 and HG300...knurling isn't good enough.

-Jon

http://www.functionalhandstrength.com/ sells the ironmind grippers.  I know Amazon.com in the US also sells them.

The gripper to start with depends on how strong you are.  An experienced lifter is going to master the #1 pretty quickly.  An athlete involved in sports that aren't strength orientated would probably want to start with the T.  I personally could barely close the Trainer when I started, but my maxes on the powerlifts are all under 200lbs.

Thanks for the sites.

I'm not that experienced, but I've Olympic lifter for nearly a half decade, maxes between 200 and 300lbs...I think I'll go for the 1 and 2.