After The Im Yellow

Justin Reagan

I have a question. What's a good bend to aim for after I master the IM yellow?(which is my current goal...should come soon enough) Obviously I'm going to shoot for the IM blue, but what else? What's something else to set as my new goal? I don't want to get TOO caught up with the IM bars.

Thanks,

Justin Reagan

A good goal after the yellow and the blue should be the 5/16" Grade 2 bolt which is in the FBBC bender's bags. It has a 305lb yield strength, 45 more than the blue nail.

I think it sohuld go like this, this si how it went for me when i bent a yellow.

yellow -

6.5 yellow

6.25 yellow if you want to be catiouse.

Blue -

5.5 blue

Bright common 60d 6"- Where i am now

5/16 6" grade 2 bolt

1/4 6" grade 5

1/4 5.5" grade 5

1/4 7" grade 8 you might have to order these off the net.

1/4 6" grade 8

1/4 5.5"grade 8

And maybe some 5/16 brass or iron rods cut to 7" to get used to the size of a red.

RED

Edited by Oldtime

Are bright 60d commons generally harder than regular dull ones? A while back I found and bought a pound of each as a challenge to myself. They look menacing. I'm not even going to pretend to attempt one until I'm working on the blue.

porky-When you say 5" G2, are you talking about 1/4"? Because I bought several of those from different places, and I've bent most of them. They're hard, but I can bend them. I guess the grade 2 bolts really do vary greatly. Of course I did buy several 6" x 1/4" hex bolts and they were almost impossible for me to bend more than one of them.

Also, I finally found some G5's and G8's at a couple places. The problem is, the G8's only go up to 4" (not that I'll have to worry about that for a long time...), and I can find only one place with G5's that go up to 6". I bought a few of the 6 inchers to sit beside my 60d's :-) I think the reason I didn't notice them before is because they are colored different than the G2's.

Thanks,

Justin Reagan

yes in my opinon the shiney ones are ALOT tougher then dull ones, i bent a dull one like i bent blues (very easy) and a shiney one was definatly a new pr, it was extremely hard.

What i ment by your goign to have to order the g8's off the net is there hard to find 7" long

try this site

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Scroll down on the right where it says "fastening and sealing" in green and find "bolts" near the top part. Click on cap screws ,then standard hex, length, thread length and so on.

yes in my opinon the shiney ones are ALOT tougher then dull ones, i bent a dull one like i bent blues (very easy) and a shiney one was definatly a new pr, it was extremely hard.

What i ment by your goign to have to order the g8's off the net is there hard to find 7" long

try this site

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Scroll down on the right where it says "fastening and sealing" in green and find "bolts" near the top part. Click on cap screws ,then standard hex, length, thread length and so on.