New Pr!

Oldtime

Bent a blue nail today about 10 mins ago, i actualy did a bending workout earlier today and bent a 6.5 yellow and it was very hard so i didnt go any further but i was bored and ground down a blue to make it easier, bent it in about 2 minutes. I dont know why i know i shouldnt of but i did. i attempted a blue and it melted in my hands like lead i would say it took about 30 seconds to a minute, btw this was with stiff almost brand new im pads.

Now that ive reached my goal im going to go after a 5.5 inch 60D and Grade 5.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice i wouldnt of gotten this far this fast.

27th day bending 16 years old 179 lbs un braced overhand.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16122575857.jpg&s=x4 - Blue end

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16122593481.jpg&s=x4 - Blue Ruler

Edited by Oldtime

Awesome Bending! My friend keep up the great training you’re doing because it is definetly paying off for you. So Congratulations on your accomplishment! Now onward and upward to a piece that’s shorter, thicker, higher grade and Hot or Cold rolled.

GATOR

27 days, very good progress. Try for a grade 5 in 40, I think you could do it.

Edited by Left Side

Thanks guys, im having trouble finding g5's at home depot where do you guys buy your bolts? Im going to try ace hardware and another home depot near me, then look them up in the phone book, if i still cant find them i might order them and some g8'sm of fbbc.com

btw i re did my math, its actualy only 25 days bending :happy .

thanks for your encouraging words and advice for the short time ive been here.

Anyone...?

I found that my locally owned hardware stores carried the Grade 5 and 8s in the 6" and below lengths in the 1/4" diameter but the Home Depot and Lowes had only 4" and below nothing above that as I guess they are not a major seller for common everyday home project patrons. I would try them first (ACE, True Value, Western Auto ect... Now for ordering online FBBC is fine but you can also go to places like the http://www.boltdepot.com or one of the many others you can view, but price comparison is a must. If you perform a search I am sure you will find where others are buying their online bolts.

God job on the bending you are progressing very well. You should be able to find grade 5's at ACE hardware or any farm and home type stores. Question, why are you grinding down the blues? What is there to grind off? Also Please be a little more patient on replies from us as we do not live on the computer ..........Brett

Great job!!! when you can do 60d nails fairly easily you can impress all your friends!! I wish I started bending earlier...I mean im only 18, but it would have been cool to bend 60d or harder during high school...I can bend 60d now, haha...just did another one in fact, haha..

Great job though! :bow

-Jon

Great job!!! when you can do 60d nails fairly easily you can impress all your friends!! I wish I started bending earlier...I mean im only 18, but it would have been cool to bend 60d or harder during high school...I can bend 60d now, haha...just did another one in fact, haha..

Great job though!  :bow

-Jon

Ok today i did a bendin workout, and it was horrible barley bent a yellow, hour later i tryed a blue for some reason because i wrapped my pads real good and couldnt resist, poped a blue in there and it bent even easier then last time. Sooo... i poped in a rough ass 60d, this thing has to be the hardess bend i have done i actualy had trouble on the crush down where as on a blue i crush it down easy.

They say 60d's go from 260-305 lbs? i would rate this on definatly at 300+

as for the impressing my friends part.. i dont think they would think its impressive on account of it took me 3 minutes, once im bending 60'd like im bending blues, now that will be impressive :happy

heres a pic of the of 60d i bought to compair to the bent one because the picture quality is bad.

This is the same nail but diffrent pictures.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16416264579.jpg&s=x4 - unbent

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16416280897.jpg&s=x4 - bent

I really think i need to slow down with my gains and geting prs every workout, It is a good thing but can lead to a bad thing.

thanks for listening

- Oldtime

Edited by Oldtime

NICE!!! :bow

Now go get some G5s!!!

-Jon

thanks man i did that my 27th day bending.

speaking of g5's im trying to find a site that sells them

i tryed this place http://www.mcmaster.com/

but whe i click what finish i want it only has the g5's in zinc same with g8's

Do you or anyone else know of a site that sells g5 plain finish 1/4 6" long bolts?

thanks.

try FBBC @ www.fatbastardbarbell.com

They have them, thats where im gonna have to order them cause the stores don't sell em down here.

-Jon

i think fbbc is a little bit more expensive..

just a quick quesiton, doese zinc plated make somthing harder? and if so by how much about?

Edited by Oldtime

That I cannot answer, haha. Sorry.

FBBC is expensive, mainly after you add shipping. Mr. John said that 20 6" G5s would be $17 shipped to NC. and 10 would be $12...Not great for volume bending, but good for testing yourself and max bends.

-Jon

Ok i got it all figured out, im going to go to ace hardware check out what they have, if they dont have it ill try this place "tri city bolt& screw" if they dont have it ill try mcmaster.com then boltdepot. ONE of this *%$#in places has to have what i want

God job on the bending you are progressing very well. You should be able to find grade 5's at ACE hardware or any farm and home type stores. Question, why are you grinding down the blues? What is there to grind off? Also Please be a little more patient on replies from us as we do not live on the computer ..........Brett

Thanks.

Sorry im a very impatient person, ill have to work on that :D But one of my bumps was 9 hours from the original post....

I ground it down to make it a little thinner. and easier...and to help keep it on center.

Edited by Oldtime

I share your frustration on finding G5's...I have searched high and low around here and came up with zero. I guess I might have to break down and order some myself.

i sure have sir. when do you think i should attempt a g5? i  am bendin 5.5 blues pretty easy

your ahead of me bro :bow