Hand Positioning?

Muscle Turtle

I have watched many of the videos on the grip board here and I see that there are two different types of double over hand benders.

One type wraps their fingers on the nail with their wrists sticking outwards more so and the bend seems to happen faster. This type seems to have the wrists not locked.

The other type has their hands more off of the nail with their wrists pointing perpendicular. When watching the initialbend, the hands seem to move a fair bit bfore they are locked into place. This style seems to have the wrists locked more so.

Does that make sense to anyone? or am I imagining this stuff, lol.

Anyways, Im wondering which is better. I see Frankyboy and Edgin bend the second way and they are amazing benders, are there pros and cons to both hand positions???

I have watched many of the videos on the grip board here and I see that there are two different types of double over hand benders.

One type wraps their fingers on the nail with their wrists sticking outwards more so and the bend seems to happen faster. This type seems to have the wrists not locked.

The other type has their hands more off of the nail with their wrists pointing perpendicular. When watching the initialbend, the hands seem to move a fair bit bfore they are locked into place. This style seems to have the wrists locked more so.

Does that make sense to anyone? or am I imagining this stuff, lol.

Anyways, Im wondering which is better. I see Frankyboy and Edgin bend the second way and they are amazing benders, are there pros and cons to both hand positions???

Great question, I'd love to hear some opinions about this too...

MT,

I asked many of these questions coming up. I always received very similar answers. Prepare the wrists with sledgehammer work and find a comfortable position for the hands on the bar. Once again, there is no right way to DO bend because of shoulder width, build etc. Experiment with different positions on the bar. Whichever gives u more power is definitely the way to go.. As your technique and strength develop you will be able to drive harder and more explosively into the bar. Again, I will say that my other two training partners that bend reds have said that as they felt more "locked into the bar", the quicker they climbed up the ladder. Find what feels right and hit the bar. Proper preparation of the wrists will give you the confidence to use them properly. Speed and an explosive hit will get the bar moving, learn to keep it hot on the crushdown.

You are already very strong MT, focus on that hit!!!!

Hope this helps,

Burner

I've noticed this to, i bend the first way that you mentioned, the second way its pretty rough on my index fingers knuckles and it seems to bother my leverage and shoulders, it feels like i could barley bend a white the second way.

We all have our preferences i suppose.