Apollons Axle Clean and Pressed!

Hello Everybody,

I just checked out the Jackals website and three men clean and pressed the Replica Wheels of 366lbs! Mark Henry, MArk Phillippi and Brian Schoonveld all did this incredible feat. There are no furthur details yet but I am sure they will come soon. AMAZING!!!

Nick

I said that nobody would even clean the axle. I changed my mind when I read that Norb Schemansky cleaned & jerked it on his first try, but didn't say anything. Now I feel like a jerk. :p

The axle also had a kink in it when Norbert Schemansky lifted it. I imagine that lifting a warped bar is a bit more difficult.

Nick,

Could you give us the heights/ages/bodyweights of these three men?  It's an incredible feat inded!!  :D  :D

Wait until Hugo Girard gets his hands on this bar. You won't believe his shoulders' strength. If he can clean the thing for a coulple of reps, he's all alone in the press. However, I have a feeling that Mark Henry will be better at cleaning the wheels due to his superior back strength. Arnold comp will be something to see !

OK I just checked the Diesel Power forum and it seems that the initial response was sketchy at best! However, it now seems that Mark Henry may have been the only one to legally clean and press the wheels. Apparantly the press was very difficult which it must have been as these men are awesome pressers.

Of the others, Brad Gillingham cleaned them in proper style but couldn't press them. Mark Phillipi cleaned them in reverse grip (John Davis) style, Svend Karlson (WSM) and Phil Pfister continentalled them and Brian Schoonveld zerchered them up. It's a little unclear as to who pressed them so it seems my original statement was incorrect.

All this goes to show how amazing previous performances were. These men now are bigger, have probably trained for this event (unlike Schemansky and Davis, Rigolout trained to do this lift), and possibly drug enhanced. I think all these men are close to 300lbs in bodyweight and some are a LOT more.

Apologies for the unclear information but I am just reading from another site.

Nick

So from this report I guess the Bell was tried on Friday instead of Sunday and only one full rep was done in the entire lift challenge.(by Mr. Henry)Hey guys any more news?????????

I believe Richard stated that the Inch was a tie breaker ONLY.  Er... maybe someone did have a go at it....   ???  ???

Hello everybody!

Just now pulled in from Columbus where I witnessed

the Apollon Wheels (and measured them) and the Inch

replica attempts.

I am attending a funeral this afternoon, so I must run,

but I took notes when the lifts were happening and will

post those details soon. Only two men got the wheels

overhead. Only one man got the Inch overhead but it

did not count. Sorry for the tease post, but it seems some

misinformation is floating ALREADY about what happened.

Joe

Roark.... I hope you (or someone) got pics of the event!!!  :)