AOBS Dinner

3Crusher

I put up a post a few weeks back to see if anybody else from the Grip Board is going to the AOBS Dinner on June 22nd in Saddle Brook New Jersey, USA.  I got the AOBS Newsletter yesterday, and this date is firm.  It is a fun way to spend an evening for those of you who are on the fence about going.  The guests of honor will be Al Oerter (4-time Olympic gold medalist in the discus), Olympic lifter Joe Puleo, and body builder Kenny Hall.  People that are supposed to also show up according to Vic Boff's Newsletter include Tommy Kono, Bruce Wilhelm, Gary Cleveland, Mark Henry, Slim "The Hammer Man" Farman, Dennis Rogers, Stanless Steele, Mike Roy, John Brookfield, David Webster, and Alex Thomson.  If all these guys do show up, this is a great oppoortunity to meet some strength legends.  This should interest Joe Roark, especially.  I hope to see some other board members there!

Steve Weiner

I still plan to go and have my tickets from before.  I have some things that are popping up that may get in the way, but they will probably be in May.  I wonder if that date conflicts with the York Barbell Strength Spectacular?  Actually, if it does I could attend the Dinner on Saturday and stop in York on Sunday on the way home.

Steve, I'm still planning on being there.  I'm hoping that our friend Heath can make it.  Looking forward to meeting up with you guys. :D

I will be attending the event as well.  Richard, I do hope you can make it.  Having you there would make it all the better.  Steve, I like the idea of having a "GripBoard" table... count me in!!  Hope to see as many of you there (that can attend) at the event!!   :)  :)

P.S. - I'm gonna bring my "stuff", so be prepared!!  :p  :p

The Michigan State Olympic lifting club is proud to have Joe Puleo as an anumni. Joe's lifts are still posted as spartan records in our humble basement (still about 100lbs per lift safe from me however). my coach even lifted with joe back in the old days. what is amazing (and a down right shame) is that an all-american and olympian like joe is largely unknown as a distinguished alum...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay- So far it looks as if the people that are definitely going from the board are me, Bearcat 74, Terminator, Tom Black, and Sybersnott.  Richard Sorin saya he's a "maybe," but I really hope he can make it.  Hey Mobsterone- any plans on attending?  I know you were going to come last time, but got stiffed on the airline ticket when you tried to return it.  Anybody else going?  It is going to be lots 'o fun!  Steve Weiner

I think I've still got the dinner ticket and never cashed the AOBS refund ticket but will probably pass for this year. But don't count me out for another...