Week 2 - New Pr

Dude

The start of my second week of bending has begun well. Today I went to buy a few more bolts and stuff to bend. I only came back with a few more 1/4" x 6" and 5" inch grade 2 bolts. I struggled with one at first and then sat down and read Greg's sticky. I read that part about exploding again and re-thought about what I was doing and went at it again full bull dog. To my surprise I bent it in seconds. I tried another, and another, and another, to have the same result when I exploded into the bolt.

I didn't wanna try it because I thought it was way out of my league but I had bought a couple of 60D nails a few days ago and was like "give it a try, never know". They looked and felt like rocks to bend. I did one more practice run with a Timber tie and then went for the 60D nail. To my surpise the thing bent! I squished it down and then determined it must've been something wrong. Just to make sure I tried another and nailed it. And then one more after that to make double sure. :D Here are they are------> http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2498

I'm gonna give the wrists a few days off before I go for the 60D's again. I'm trying to progress injury free. Plus I wanna do my grippers in the meantime. What's the next small step up to this, I know opnions differ but what would you recommend as a new PR to bend to. Also, I want to practice technique. I'm gonna keep bending the Timber Ties until I become flawless with it and then go from there, I think better technique will help me even more. Lastly, can you order certain groups of colors of nails from IM? I figured I would order the yellows and blues to see where I stood, maybe a few greens.

Dude

Another piece of steel bites the dust, now you can lay it down to rust!

Congratulations on your accomplishment! Now onward and upward to a piece that’s shorter, thicker, higher grade and Hot or Cold rolled. :mosher

I think you have the right idea though about blazing through the progression. It appears that you may have learned many others and my grave mistake of trying to progress to fast in the hunt to kill that next PR piece. So I commend you on your level headedness and yes building the technique is just as or even more important than brute strength because as you see going back and re-evaluating your current style and then readjusting it so as to exert more energy into the steel by exploding in to it allowed you to reach a significant mile marker the 60 penny nail. Now you have a better approach and higher confidence in your abilities and potential to reach your bending goals. Yes Congratulations for your achievement as you learned more and gained more today than some learn in months by steeping out of the box taking another look through a different perspective, assessing your weaknesses and then taking positive steps to strengthen them and with that bent 60d you have yourself a little trophy marking the event. :rock

Keep up the smart training my friend,

GatorGrip

The start of my second week of bending has begun well. Today I went to buy a few more bolts and stuff to bend. I only came back with a few more 1/4" x 6" and 5" inch grade 2 bolts. I struggled with one at first and then sat down and read Greg's sticky. I read that part about exploding again and re-thought about what I was doing and went at it again full bull dog. To my surprise I bent it in seconds. I tried another, and another, and another, to have the same result when I exploded into the bolt.

I didn't wanna try it because I thought it was way out of my league but I had bought a couple of 60D nails a few days ago and was like "give it a try, never know". They looked and felt like rocks to bend. I did one more practice run with a Timber tie and then went for the 60D nail. To my surpise the thing bent! I squished it down and then determined it must've been something wrong. Just to make sure I tried another and nailed it. And then one more after that to make double sure. :D Here are they are------> http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2498

I'm gonna give the wrists a few days off before I go for the 60D's again. I'm trying to progress injury free. Plus I wanna do my grippers in the meantime. What's the next small step up to this, I know opnions differ but what would you recommend as a new PR to bend to. Also, I want to practice technique. I'm gonna keep bending the Timber Ties until I become flawless with it and then go from there, I think better technique will help me even more. Lastly, can you order certain groups of colors of nails from IM? I figured I would order the yellows and blues to see where I stood, maybe a few greens.

Congratulations on your bends! Yes, you can order inidividual color nails from Ironmind but they come in batches of 50 for $20. The Red nails come in a batch of 25 for $20.

I was thinking about the Bag o nails but I didnt want the whites and greens I think. But on second thought I might order them just in case my buddies come over and wanna give it a try. Ahhh dammit, I have a feeling I'm gonna sink a lotta money into thsi bending thing. :laugh

hahaha yea but you wouldn't be spending it unless you loved it! hahahaha

you just need to buy the IM's once tho if ur just testing urself on em (you can replicate so easily)

Congratulations on your bends! Yes, you can order inidividual color nails from Ironmind but they come in batches of 50 for $20. The Red nails come in a batch of 25 for $20.

I spoke to Dr. Strossen on this and if you order 50 extra nails you can for example order 25 yellow and 25 blues.

The 60d is awsome, congrats to you. also now would be a good time to do some volume work with the 60d's work up in numbers of bends per workout and I think a G5 is in your near future.