Fishing For Blues ?

DAN PRAYDIS

:bow i'm far from an expert but i have managed to bend at least 6 red nails using leather wraps countless grade 5s and 8s some blues and some 1/4 hrs and crs and i have my share of injuries and i'm still hurt now . but i ordered 50 more blue nails and the ironmind pads . tonight i rolled up the pads and did a blue nail and i did have a hard time the nail slid through and almost poked my hand then they went hay wire but i did bend it in about 2 minutes . for you guys trying to get a blue yellow or red and haven't did it yet bend them first using leather until they get easy to you than start one nail lower than your best bend using the slick eel pads and work up the ladder again i guess ill soak them in chalkand see if that makes it better good luck men my quest has started all over again and for you guys that have already did this using the eel pads i :bow:bow if you dont have a set you should order a set and let us know what you think i thought bending was using your strength not trying to survive a bend and trying to balance a nail while bending maybe thats how frankenstein got the bolts stuck in his neck no joke :yikes:whistel:whacked

Dan i wish you the best of luck with the im pads, oh i mean eel pads, you'll be nocking reds down with them in no time

My pads should be here in a day or two, I ordered them last week. How were they when you used chalk?

My pads should be here in a day or two, I ordered them last week. How were they when you used chalk?

well i havent tryed it yet im still hurt in the wrist and tomorrow me and my boy are going over dan cenidozas house to lift some kettlebells and i at least want to try one to see if i like them ill let you know when i use chalk good luck bud

was the blue fairly hard in IM pads in comparison to leather?

whats the dif with leather and its thickness???

was the blue fairly hard in IM pads in comparison to leather?

whats the dif with leather and its thickness???

its more or less the same thickness but leather grips tighter and is easer to grab id say in leather i can bend a blue in a minute or less and the pad took 2 min

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

I ended up chalking both sides of the wraps pretty good. Mine are a little broken-in now and I enjoy them as much as my leather wraps.

I just ordered a pair of the IM pads tonight. How long would you say they last? Are they pretty puncture resistent?

IM pads are very tough and are actually very good for bending. They are very slippery at first, you need to break them in, crush them into a ball, roll them around, or just use them for a while and they will lose their rigid shape. Also, it is very helpful to cover them in chalk. Saturate every square inch of those pads with chalk, and you will notice a big difference.

Why use chalk? Let them stay slippery, so you'll actually have to squeeze the nail really hard. That way you will develop a vise-like grip. Just my two cents.

Chalk definitely helps, but the main thing is to get a super tight wrap job on them. I would personally use the chalk just to decrease incident of bloody noses and lips due to slipage...To each his own...Im pads are very durable, using them also toughens the hands very quickly...Brett

i have never bent any piece of metal with anything but some hand towels lying around the house, but a recent addiction to bending has led me to make a purchase of the IM green and yellow nails (i know i can bust the green easy, but wanted to practice volume bending--i am a newbie and am hoping to nail my form down quick). i also ordered the IM pads; i am a little concerned about their quality, as i have read quite a bit of reports on their crappiness. but i am kind of happy that i haven't used leather or anything else but slippery towels, cause then i won't know anything better :whistel

dan, you said you were bending reds, sounded like no prob. now you are back to blues. is that because the difference in the pads make it so much harder? or are you just practicing your form again?

btw, i have seen some of your posted videos. you are a strong guy, no doubt, and i am sure these pads from the deep will be owned in no time :fear

i have never bent any piece of metal with anything but some hand towels lying around the house, but a recent addiction to bending has led me to make a purchase of the IM green and yellow nails (i know i can bust the green easy, but wanted to practice volume bending--i am a newbie and am hoping to nail my form down quick).  i also ordered the IM pads; i am a little concerned about their quality, as i have read quite a bit of reports on their crappiness.  but i am kind of happy that i haven't used leather or anything else but slippery towels, cause then i won't know anything better  :whistel

dan, you said you were bending reds, sounded like no prob.  now you are back to blues.  is that because the difference in the pads make it so much harder?  or are you just practicing your form again?

btw, i have seen some of your posted videos.  you are a strong guy, no doubt, and i am sure these pads from the deep will be owned in no time :fear

the way i bent the red was not a legal bend so now i am doing under hand bending and over so i can cert on the red but if i cant do a red this way i'm not worried like the song goes i did it my way :D

I got my IM pads today. Damn these babies are stiff! Time to break them in.

i took some advise and chalked my pads until they were white they do work good and i hope to certify this year with them good luck to every one on there bending :yikes

I've been using them since I started bending too "IM Pads". I guess I'm used to them but I know it does feel sharp in hands sometimes especially on 5.5" stuff when crushing down, but they do break in after a while, the chalk is a must for me but I only put it on the outside of the wraps, the hardest part for me is getting a straight wrap, I'm constantly readjusting as I roll.

Dan from your history here I think everyone knows you'll bend the Red in no time with the IM pads. :bow

Dan I watched your video of the Red bend and it looked good to me, what makes it illegal besides the pads???? Just curious......... Brett

Dan I watched your video of the Red bend and it looked good to me, what makes it illegal besides the pads????  Just curious......... Brett

BRACING THEY SAID THANKS KERBJR