Bending Pennies..

Kurt Lane

I definitely think it's true now that I have tried putting a penny in a vise, I could quite easily bend it just by pressing my thumb against it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Steve

• Kurt Lane

• 3Crusher

• Zakath

I don't retract my statement, however, I just want to see the video to see how it is done. I don't know you and I meant no offense. If I told you that I could do something like that you should not take my word until you see it ( based on the fact that you don't know me). :calm

Looking forward to seeing the video.

Dont take me wrong, I have no problem presenting a video. But the people that are "skeptical" are just not thinking this thru. It is 1000x easier bending it the way I did then with fingers, and I know many could do it if they wanted. Also there is very little leverage from the leather..

If the man presents a clear video then I don't think anybody should question him. Personally, I'll just take him at his word. I realize there could be sleight of hand tricks on video or immitation pennies but at some point you have to trust the person. A good con man or magician could probably do it in person and hand you the penny and still fake it. Just my opinion...

I'm sure it can probably be done. It sounds like more of a feat of pain tolerance and the teeth's resistance to breakage than purely a feat of strength.

yeah man lots of milk needed for this task i think :x

I've heard that 4 out of 5 dentists recommend this feat of strength. :D

I am looking at a bent penny right now. Yes it is doable. Nice feat my friend. Thanks. Have you tried a 60d yet? Oh yes the date on penny 1997. And the penny from 1943 is a war penny made of steel. So now I have three ways to bend a penny now. The best is yet to come.

i only have one toothbrush, aitn got any teethbrushes

Thank you Steve, finally people will get what im saying.

I did this in the heat of the moment one night, without much problem. Maybe people will now relize its not a world class feat im claiming. Although bending a penny with your hands along is, in my opinion, like no setting a #4.

Steve your alot stronger then I am so maybe you can do this. I was bending a penny last night back and forth as best I could and if I was just a little bit stronger im pretty sure I could get one to break in half. I got a faily nice crease line going down it! Now that would be nice.. to break one in half :D

Steve your alot stronger then I am so maybe you can do this. I was bending a penny last night back and forth as best I could and if I was just a little bit stronger im pretty sure I could get one to break in half. I got a faily nice crease line going down it! Now that would be nice.. to break one in half :D

I have to say, that'd be something to see! You know what would be hilarious? Leave a half penny as a tip if you get really bad service!

Big Steve -

What are the other two ways you have to bend pennies? Let me guess....

1) gripper handles

2) the bionic pliers you call fingers (?!!?)

You know what would be hilarious?  Leave a half penny as a tip if you get really bad service!

Especially if you broke the penny right in front of the guy you were tipping! :D

You know what would be hilarious?  Leave a half penny as a tip if you get really bad service!

Especially if you broke the penny right in front of the guy you were tipping! :D

"Well, you were rude, my food was cold and the order was wrong."

*Bend, bend, bend, snap!*

"And here, keep the change."

Awesome :D

"Well, you were rude, my food was cold and the order was wrong."

*Bend, bend, bend, snap!*

"And here, keep the change."

Awesome :D

Yes!! That rocks! I'll try that the next time I have a crummy waiter!

RL

I tried snapping a penny in a vise, wit a plier, just for documentation. It took 8 bends, where every bend was about 100-140 degrees until it snapped.