4" Blue Nail.

Left Side

Today me and Muscle Turtle decided to have a bending challenge. We cut two yellow's down to 4" and 4.5". He got the 4, I got the 4.5. Strongman's chart rates these nails at 399+.

After I struggled through the 4.5, barely getting it under the time limit, Turtle wraps his 4" nail and crushs it down fast, well under a minute.

Muscle Turtle will post the videos in his gallery later tonight.

Thanks to the gripboard for all your help, couldn't have done it without you.

As a member of this club I can say that it is a significant accomplishment due to it extremely short length. I am not sure about the poundage as the chart you refer doesn't always seem to reflect what others have measured but I am not sure if this 4" Blue is skewed in anyway as he could be right on the money.

Yall are going through this steel like a 5 year old with a pack of chewing gum. Keep up the good work, training and technique you Left Sided Turtle Muscle! :D

Here is mine Mr. Shorty Blue -I hope you both post yours for fun to!

CLICK IT http://www.gripboard.com

Your Fellow Bending Bezerker :rock

GATOR

He got the 4, I got the 4.5. Strongman's chart rates these nails at 399+.
I saw on a this site that when you cut 1/2 inch of somthing it adds 15% you cut two inches off.. so thats 60% which is roughly 416 lbs, nice job. :bow

The only other man I know of to get that was Rob Vigeant (Midget) and he is a stout dude - all muscle. I definitely would like to see that video - nice job guys :rock

Did you get any fingers on the thing or did you do the whole bend with the heels of the hand? Either way, a unique and great bend, nice one.

at first I got a coule fingers on it, then my thumb got in the way so I lifted it off, then both thumbs got in the way... So i stuck it into my palms and just pressed...

This is the second sub-five inch piece of 1/4" CRS I have done now as you can see in my gallery I have an off-center 4" and since I didn't have anymore IM nails I used a one of four pieces off 4.5” FBBC stock my friend VeGripper sent me as a gift.

Thanks Smitty your post motivated me to obtain a new PR I didn't even have a goal to do but it is done now as you see. Yes it hurt and was tough but when a challenge like that comes along it just has to be met half way. :D

CLICK IT! http://www.gripboard.com

I will cut this FBBC 1/4" down even further and go for a piece that is exactly 4 inches in the near future as I am still healing from an injury but I assure you there is more than one of us out there that can bend this size steel. If I was fortunate enough to have a digital video camera I would record the act for all to view but all I have is this 30-dollar digital camera that is bare bones quality and features. ( Donations Excepted ) :(

Based on my past performance pictures in my gallery and all knowing that I am knocking on the Red Nails door I don't need a video for proof.

I HAVE HONOR & INTEGRITY!

Edited by GatorGrip

I tried the 4"....WOW...that was fun and educational..as in, I just educated myself that it is a little out of my league. I did get a 4 1/2". Picture of it is in the gallery. Unlike Gator..I have a video camera, I just don't know how to upload video in here..heck..I can't even put in a link for my gallery! :upsidedwn

Today me and Muscle Turtle decided to have a bending challenge. We cut two yellow's down to 4" and 4.5". He got the 4, I got the 4.5. Strongman's chart rates these nails at 399+.

After I struggled through the 4.5, barely getting it under the time limit, Turtle wraps his 4" nail and crushs it down fast, well under a minute.

Muscle Turtle will post the videos in his gallery later tonight.

Thanks to the gripboard for all your help, couldn't have done it without you.

Great Job guys. Way to push eachother

The only other man I know of to get that was Rob Vigeant (Midget) and he is a stout dude - all muscle.  I definitely would like to see that video - nice job guys  :rock

I have seen shorter :whistel

how much shorted gamidon???

Im not that strong of a bender, but I am willing to train to be the best someday, an elite member rather...

In a few weeks, I will try a 3.5...

I tried the 4"....WOW...that was fun and educational..as in, I just educated myself that it is a little out of my league.  I did get a 4 1/2".  Picture of it is in the gallery.  Unlike Gator..I have a video camera, I just don't know how to upload video in here..heck..I can't even put  in a link for my gallery!  :upsidedwn

1. go into gallery 2. click on gripboard movie gallery 3. now click on new media 4. give it a caption name 5. tell a description about it 6 now click on browse to get the video from your computer you may have to make it smaller using windows movie maker 7. and click post image if it doesnt load in the gallery go back into movie maker and make it smaller good luck :D

I saw on a this site that when you cut 1/2 inch of somthing it adds 15% you cut two inches off.. so thats 60% which is roughly 416 lbs, nice job. :bow

Wouldn't that depend on the length of the steel in the first place? Either way, impressive as hell guys. I'll be there in a few months. :rock

Our bends were also done using only IM pads as well, but we both suck at reverse style so Rob gets the difficulty trophy here.

Thanks for all your input guys, it's really appreciated.

Edited by Left Side

Yeah, we're 18, I just turned a month ago and Muscle Turtle is about 18 and a half. No red attempts yet, don't want any injury because I was too hasty. (I know all about those kinds of injuries).

I guarantee Muscle will bend the red before he's 19.

that's awesome! maybe you could get some 1/4" square stock? i'm not sure if thati's in between or not but it's in between 3/16" and 1/4" hahah sorry i have to learn more about the progressions in bending i only know what i can bend

No worries. If it's in between 3/16 and 1/4" then it's actually easier than the bend in question.

Here's a really helpful chart to clear up all the confusion about steel bending strengths.

Yield Strengths

Here's another list ordered by length's.

Length's

no no i mean 1/4" Square stock, would it not be harder than 1/4" rnd stock? and easier thant 5/16" rnd stock just as 3/16" square is in between 3/16" round and 1/4" round

Hmm, a good idea, I'll have to check that out. Hard to find square stock around here though.

where are you living?

wait a second i know where manitoulin is, my girlfriends family goes there every summer, have a trailer or one of there cousins do

Edited by UWBodyBuilder