Crs Easyer Then Hrs?

Oldtime

Okay, i finally got around to calling a steel distributor instead of wasitn tons of money at home depot, i boughtwhat i thought was CRS i got home and easily bent my old pr 1/4 7" but not hrs CRS which should be harder right? So i just think my workout is goin really good, 2 hours later i try a blue 1/4 crs 6" and bent it versy easily :blink so i just thought ym workout was going REALLY good at this point, then it ry a 5" peice and i know if i can bend this it flat out isnt crs it cant be, So i wrap up a 5" peice and bend it in a good 2 minutes.

so basicly what i am asking is if there is anyway to tell of somtihng is steel and what gauge(sp?) etc because i am very confused. :whacked

btw on the receipt it says 3 - 1/4" RND and thats all it says..

- Oldtime

Edited by Oldtime

usually and I do mean "Usually" CRS has a more shiny look to it and the HRS is a bit more dull looking. but there are lots of people here who have had CRS that's easier than HRS, I personally have never found a piece of CRS that was easier than an equal dimension HRS piece.

When I was doing the challenge bars I found some very strong HRS bars that were tougher than a red, and also the CRS bars also varied.

David

The retailer where I buy doesn't sell CRS, only 1/4" HRS, but its the hardest HRS i've ever tried. It really feels like CRS, its prettu tough stuff.

-Jon

I figured out what it was that i bought, i bought 1/4 iron instead of crs the lady didnt know what she was talking about :dry atleast my IM bag will be here shortly :happy

Edited by Oldtime