My First Bends

Dude

Here's a pic of my first bending tonight. Thought'd I share my first ones with everyone. I only bought timber ties and grade 2 1/4" x 6" at home depot to start off with because I didn't know if I could git'r done. I'm gonna stop by sometime this weekend and see if I can grab some more stuff.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2463

What's the best way to progres in bending? Reps on ones you can do with difficulty or trying to kink/ finish ones you can't do. I have to work on my form a bit because a couple times I slipped off and punched my knuckles together. I think thats because of the crappy pads I used, felt backed vinyl. I'm gonna grab some leather tommorrow and my IM pads should be here next week.

awsome bends man.

the best way to progress is slowly :)

i usually go by how i feel, sometimes ill do 10-20 bends of various toughness. or 5 or 6 tough ones, or max attempts.

keep ur volume high, hit levering at all angles, and try not to go for max attempts too often :)

and try and rest up, even tho resting from bending is the hardest part.

ur dominating those timbers and bolts, start cuttin the lengths back too

Edited by porky

sweet dude. :mosher

About how much space should I put between my two pads? Or should I just roll it into one? How much do you cut back on the length at a time, an inch at a time?

Cool bending dude :cool That's great for first time or even many times. :rock

It is a good thing I am a trained Drug & Alcohol counselor but most importantly we have the biggest cyberspace therapy group for benders on the net because brother you are Addicted. Well welcome to the club and the cover charge is two 60d nails for the steel fund.

I will start out the meeting for today:

Hi they call me Gator and I am a bend-aholic my last bend was 36 hours ago and I am feeling okay but I can feel the steel serpent wanting to rear his ugly head. What am I saying jsut give me those 60s in the donation can, let go of me I know what I am doing, these nails are from a terrorist steel or is that cell any who they must be bent- They will bend to my will! --Hey what is that white jacket with no buttons you two got there- I ain't cold, I said I ain’t cold man! - All right stop right there guys I don't want to have to do this but I swear you come any closer and the nail gets it even if I have no wraps. :whacked

GATOR JUST STEP AWAY FROM THE NAIL-STEP AWAY FROM THE NAIL AND NO SUDDEN BENDING MOVEMENTS - :ohmy OH MY GOD HE HAS THAT LOOK IN HIS EYE AND IS POSITIONING HIMSELF FOR A DU OR IS THAT A DO NO WAIT IT IS THAT FUNKY DAN PRAYDIS STYLE BUM RUSH HIM NOW - AND SOMEBODY PLEASE CALL FOR BACK UP AND A HOSTAGE NEGOTIATOR- NO FOOL NOT FOR A PERSON FOR THE NAIL - MAN JUST CALL THE LOCAL HARDWARE STORE AND TELL THEM WE HAVE A CODE 60 IN PROGRESS THE ACE HELPFUL HARDWARE MAN WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO HE HAS THE TRAINING THIS TYPE SITUATION --WE CAN’T HOLD THEM JAWS OPEN FOREVER! JUST RUN FOREST RUN! HEY GET AWAY FROM THOSE OTHER NAILS DUDE AND GET ME SOME HELP! :yikes

THIS STORY IS BASED ON THINGS THAT ACTAULLY COULD HAPPEN IN A REAL LIFE BENDING GROUP - REMEBER BENDERS DON'T LET OTHERS BEND ALONE.

HELP PUT A STOP TO ALL THE SENSLESS ODs ON DO or DU. TO HAVE A CHANCE ON NAILING THIS ADDICTION JUST REMEMBER YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE HARD AS NAILS - JUST ABLE TO BEND THEM! :laugh:upsidedwn:D