Lengths Of Stock

Dude

I read the sticky on bending by Dave and Greg and saw the steel progression list for bending. I'm gonna look to take a trip to the hardware store today but I was wondering what the length measurements for the stee are for bending?

I know some lengths are different but if I buy lengths of steel what should I cut them to to start out? Longer and shorter steel I'm guessing varies the degree of difficulty on the same strength of steel. Thanks.

Gotcha. What would you recommend as a good length to start out at, 7"?

Edited by Dude

buy some 3/16'' CRS and 1/4'' CRS

start with the 3/16'' at 6''. then keep working ur way down.

if u can do a 4'' piece of 3/16''. then try a 7-8'' piece of 1/4'' CRS

Also as soon as you can start bending the 60D Timber ties, you should use them. They are very inexpensive cost wise. Work the 3/16 CRS and 1/4" HRS. As porky suggested start at 7" and work your way down. Bend things within your reach for volume and don't jump right at your max or you may suffer an injury. Good Luck.

Greg Amidon

Gamidon is right about the injury risk. Godfrey's site warned of the same thing, take it slow or you'll be sorry. I choose to ignore this and tried to bend 60d's my second day of bending. Big mistake. Ruined my left wrist, I was out for three weeks, and when I started again I was worse than I had ever been at bending.

Don't let this happen to you dude, bend hard and bend lots, but know your limits and work within them, and soon those limits will be memories.

I know what ya mean, I recently got 25 Reds and decided to try them first for about 3 workouts, well after I didn't bend them and was too tired to do anything else I smartened up and went back to shorter lenghts of G5's now everything is going well so take from one who's been there start slow and don't try to jump too fast.