Certification Legal?

Left Side

I watched some red nail certification videos on the diesel website, and all of them showed the nail being wrapped in IM pads AND a square of cloth. I thought the rules stated IM pads only. Is this legal, or has there been a rule change?

Here's the video: Eli's Red Cert

Hey man,

I believe that Dr. strossen tried to eliminate DO benders from the certification process by thinning out the required wraps for certification. Some have used leather to certify on the red but the most recent certifications are required to use IM wraps only which are much more abusive on the palms for DO benders.

In respect to Eli from Diesel Crew, you are reffering to one of the strongest benders in the world! It doesn't matter what he uses. He was also the youngest to bend the red at the time of his cert. :bow

Peace,

Burner

Thanks Burner...Eli is a strong bender - no doubt about that...

During the time of Eli's cert - there were no qualifications for wrapping materials, some people used leather, some people used towels + cordura - which is what Eli used.

you will also notice my weak ass backhand to "pump him up"

lol. a bend is a bend. at this pt., eli could it everytime i bet.

I guess at the rate the guys here on the Grip Board are bending Red Nails it won't be long before we will have to bend it with Kleenex for wraps or just go Holle crazy and warp one barehanded. Man I got into this grip game to late. I had no idea that people were ever allowed to use anything but the wretched IM wraps or even what deep setting was.

For those who go forth to join the ranks of the elite we must gain more strength from our training, spend more time on our journey, generate more power at the present and endure more pain in the mean time but nonetheless we will be added to the rolls under some of the most powerful hands on the planet. It will all be worth it my Brothers of Steel so work hard, train smart and keep your eyes focused on that brass ring for if you persistent long enough then one day you will leap for it and snatch it down from its chain only to bend it into a "V" for victory. :rock

GATOR

Eli is one bad ass bender. He certified young and has endless potential. He is lucky to find people like Smitty and Jedd to take him under their wings to help guide him. Good friends can make all the difference in reaching your potential. I am glad I got to know the diesel crew, I have learned a lot from them.

Greg Amidon

Edited by gamidon