Where Can I Get My Wraps

Dude

Ok, I never come to this side of the forum but I figure its time to give my try at bending, maybe it'll catch on like the grippers. I'm gonna look to buy myself some wraps for bending tomorrow. I read in the sticky that its best to use cordura or leather I believe. Where would I be able to by cordura, hardware store, fabric place? If I decide to get leather what thickness should I go for or does it not matter it the leather is a certain length? Like maybe I could by a leather product at home depot and cut it up and make my own. I guess it all else fails I'll buy the IM wraps. Do you guys like the IM wraps or is leather or cordura better? Let me know. Gracias

Ok, I never come to this side of the forum but I figure its time to give my try at bending, maybe it'll catch on like the grippers. I'm gonna look to buy myself some wraps for bending tomorrow. I read in the sticky that its best to use cordura or leather I believe. Where would I be able to by cordura, hardware store, fabric place? If I decide to get leather what thickness should I go for or does it not matter it the leather is a certain length? Like maybe I could by a leather product at home depot and cut it up and make my own. I guess it all else fails I'll buy the IM wraps. Do you guys like the IM wraps or is leather or cordura better? Let me know. Gracias

You can usually buy leather and suede at a fabric store or Michael's. I bought a bag of suede and leather from Michael's before. They came in miscelaneous scraps and they worked. However, if you are planning on certifying then the IM pads are a must. I personally like the IM pads and I think they allow the hands to toughen against the steel better than leather. If I were you, I would try all of them and find what you like. The other stuff works fine, but the IM pads, once broken in, are my choice.

Walmart carries some leather..just go back to the craft section and look around. I have both leather and the IM wraps. I usually use the leather wraps when I am bending bolts or nails. If I am bending stock I will use the IM wraps...By the way, you will probably be the only guy in the craft section of Walmart!!! I noticed that when I was in there. I had the urge to pick up a pattern for a dress and carry it around with me, so I would fit in.

someone posted before that u should just go to a good will or 1 of those second hand clothing stores and buy a leather jacket and cut i tup

I'm looking for roughly a 12x12 piece right? Do you think I should go for thin or thick leather? Any special kind? Just wanna get all the right goods before I get into it.

Just looked at the sticky again, looks like the leather is 4"x12". Correct me if I'm off.

Edited by Dude

Just go to Michaels and buy some. Don't mess with the scrap bags just spend a little extra and get the two big ones. You'll know them when you see them. I think they're like 6-7 bucks per strip. I think it's like 3/32 thick and it's soft pliable suede.

I stopped by walmart and grabbed to pieces of felt backed vinyl to try a little bending tonight. It didnt work as good as I thought. I'm gonna try to find a michaels tomorrow and grab some of the stuff your talking about and try it out