Small Strongman Comp

nickr104

IN my home town In Bryan OH. the Ymca Is putting On a small strongman comp at their Day in the park celebration for the 4 th of july. It will be held at the reck park In Bryan on the 25th of june. ONly 3 events and 2 weight classes. Under 200 and over 200. the events will be a tire flip for time. I am not sure of the weights yet. A farmers walk I think will be around 190 to 200 a hand for under 200 and 240 a hand for over 200. the last event will be a stone load. I will get back to you on weights for that too. Probably will be a range of 170 to 350 depending on the weight class. IF you want more info you can PM stew2 on the board. He is my brother. he Is helping them set it up. His e-mail is snbrosendaul@adelphia.net It is the first year they have done this so it will probably be small. I think there will be a 15 $ entry fee. They will have concrete atlas stones for the stone loading if they can get them around in time. If not it will be a mix of natural and atlas stones. I know it is short notice but I thought I would post it in case anyone close wanted to come. :D

Edited by nickr104

Nick had all of it pretty close except the date will be the 26th sunday. The city has a very nice facility. The park is very large there will be a car show, bike show, carnival, and fireworks all on the sme day so lots of things to do after the meet.

Kinda of last minute but had to get all the Y board on the sme page it will be good to go now. The weights won't be finalized till next week as soon as I get them I'll put them up along with entry forms. There will be trophies for top of each class and maybe a little grip exhibition for charity(still in the works).The only weights finalized are the stone loads.Lites will be doing 175,195,225,260, and 300 heavies will do 195,225,260,300, and 350. loading will be onto 55 gal drums.

So by the first of next week should have all weights and other info up. Right now just trying to get the word out so you can all schedule. I think this could grow into be a great meet if we can show them some numbers in competitors this first year.Talk to you all soon

I'll be there!

Gotta represent the Skinny Dude Mafia!

Kissed my first girl at the Bryan fireworks....can't remember her name...Becky something from Stryker......

• 2 weeks later...

I got some weights for the comp. The stones are from 176 to 330. Under 200 start at 176 over 200 start at 195. You got a 1:30 to load them. The tires are kind of light 450 and 520 but that is what we could get. You got 70 sec. to go 100 feet. The farmers walk is 190 a hand for 200 under and 240 a hand for 201 and up. 75 seconds. I think they will split it by age too 18 to 39 and 40 and up. starts at noon On 6/26/05.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the event happened this past Sunday and boy was it hot.But everyone worked through it and put on a great show. For the first year of this event it went real well especially considering we only had about 2 weeks to organize it and promote.The events went pretty smooth and fairly quick the whole comp. only took about 1 1/2 hrs.. All the weights and times stuck to the previously posted except for the tires the liteweight was about 475 and the heavy 560 and both wer much shorter tires than expected diminishing that leverage factor. I saw spots before my eyes afer that event.

Here are the results for top three in each weight division.

liteweights:

Sean Dockery 1st place( :bow unreal strong for his size or anyone elses)

Stew Rosendaul 2nd place( Sean smoked me in the tire and stones)

John Scribner 3rd place (also in the 40 and over 1st he's 51 way togo :mosher )

heavyweights:

Dave Brown 1st place(strong kid second time ever loading stones :blink)

Nick Rosendaul 2nd (wish I could load stones like him makes it look easy :bow )

Noah Snyder 3rd (normally power lifter first time in this kind of event with

practice on stones he could be dangerous)

Well I've already talked to the Y and next year will be planned well in advance and should be a pretty good turn out I'm guessing we should be able to atleast double contestants and spectators. So put it on the calender next year for the weekend before the 4thof July.Hope some of you can make it out. Also I'd like to give a special thanks to Nick and Doc couldn't of done it in such a short time with out your help Thanks.

p.s.Nick104's gallery and Stew2's should have some pics in the next few days.

Hello all.... I've been lurking around and learnng a lot by being the quiet type. I've had the pleasure of training with this group of guys (mostly stew2, but a little with his brother Nick) and I'm the old guy in the group (52). I don't think I could find a nicer or more supportive group of young men. Thanks to Stew, Nick, and Doc for all their help and encouragement in the past 6 months or so- a year ago I wouldn't have dreamed of entering a Strongman competition, and I had so much fun I can't wait until next year! I would encourage anyone who has even considered doing this to go for it- you're never to old!

John Scribner

j.scribner - hey = try to make it to the next grip get together with stew - I'd love to meet another "young guy" that's into all this crazy stuff. And congrats for a great job at the contest - you did yourself proud. Climber511

j.scribner  - hey = try to make it to the next grip get together with stew - I'd love to meet another "young guy" that's into all this crazy stuff.  And congrats for a great job at the contest - you did yourself proud.      Climber511

Climber- roger that. I have two daughters in Columbus at OSU, and we make it down there every so often anyway. There's just never enough time to get everything in that I want/need to do!! My tombstone will probably read "Not enough time"... I consider Stew, Nick, and friends one great group of guys, and they did a heck of a job getting the competition off the ground on such a short notice. Stew told me tonite a fall competition is in the works!

John Scribner