7.5lbs. Plates

foggymountainmuscle

My brother bought a 300lbs. set of standard weights that he found in a classified. Though we really wanted Olympic weights we can use these standard plates to load up maybe a log or a yoke that we plan to make. The set had some rare finds, like 2 50lbs. plates, which would be a cool pinch goal. The set also had 4 7.5lbs. plates in it. I haven't seen 7.5lbs. plates before, not very wide, almost mistook them for 5s. Now the reason I post this topic is that I was wondering if anyone has ever encountered this unique type of plate. If we could find more, I think it would be an interesting thing to bring around to contest and see if people can go for pinching 7 or 8 of them at a time and add to our least of pinch feats.

I think I remember our high school having a few standard 7.5 pounders in the weight room. Can't remember for sure... but I have this plaguing memory that it did have a few. :whistel They were the plain standard kind, such as on a dumbbell, no rim or anything, just plain, flat plates with the edge rounded, and a 7.5 stamped on each side.

i've never seen a 4.5lbs and 7.5lbs plates before. from what company r they made from? :help

Iv'e got about 20- 7.5lb. standard plates that my dad used for dumbells he made.I have know idea why he chose these plates.He got them back around 1980 or so.

Hmmmm maybe i'll see how many i can pinch.

Edited by Steve B.

I've seen at play it again sports 50lb exercise plates (training plates whatever you call them).

I have 6 york 7.5 lb plates. I also have 1.25 lb york plates.

I once saw 12.5 lb plates at play it again, I didnt pick them up at the time, but the next time I went in the a genius behind the counter told me there is no such thing as 12.5 lb plates. (REALLY ? You know the entire inventory of every plate ever made by every obscure foundry ?)

never seen any plates of that weight :o

I've seen at play it again sports 50lb exercise plates (training plates whatever you call them).

Exactly. At play it again sports I got 2.5 pounds, 7.5 pounds, and 50 pounds.

I bet there were some weirder ones, as well. I should have explored a bit deeper.

I've got some standard bumpers I found at a yard sale in 25's, 15's, and 5's. The 15's are only about the size of an olympic 10, but they're coated in rubber.

I have 6 york 7.5 lb plates.  I also have 1.25 lb york plates.

I once saw 12.5 lb plates at play it again, I didnt pick them up at the time, but the next time I went in the a genius behind the counter told me there is no such thing as 12.5 lb plates.  (REALLY ? You know the entire inventory of every plate ever made by every obscure foundry ?)

I have a pair of 12 1/2s .. from play it again... labeled Dan Lurie Brooklyn NY....