Bending Here I Come

Holes

Well I went out and bought some 3/16" last night, just one piece for now i'm low on money lol, i'm going to cut it down tonight and make myself some wraps so that I can give it a try, i'm excited, I can't say i've ever tried bending but i've been incorporating levering into my workout for the past couple of weeks so we'll see how it goes, i'll update this when i give it a bend

Bending is the most addicting thing in the world. But you'll have a blast.

Let us know how it went eh?

unfortunately I got really busy with work so I haven't gotten to it yet but i am doing it this weekend so I will update you guys on the attempt. Only thing is the only type of steel they had was Stainless unfortunately is that harder to bend??

gl. bend it like u mean it.

ok first bends successful! I started with a 3/16" SS 7" which was easy, then did a 6" which was easy, then did a 5" which was a bit tougher just because i tore through the wrap and gave myself a little jump. After i got over that and fixed the wrap i bent that with fair ease, I then bent 2 more 6" and my dad bent my last 6" all and all a good night. goin to by more leather, timber ties, and a 1/4" rod tomorrow

BTW does anyone know if SS is easier or harder that CRS

quick update, bent a piece of 1/4" 8" CRS, couldn't find Timber Ties tho, does anyone know where to get them in Canada and if they are actually called timber ties up here?

the 8" was super hard so i think i'll still with finding some 3/16" and do 6" and 5" for volume for a couple weeks to get my form and continuing the levering. i used a DU to kink and and DO to do the rest but took about 60 secs so i wanna get my form better first

quick update,  bent a piece of 1/4" 8" CRS,  couldn't find Timber Ties tho,  does anyone know where to get them in Canada and if they are actually called timber ties up here?

I get my nails at the hardware store, the 6" and 5" ardox nails work great. The galvanized ones are harder, so start with non-gavanized.