Wraps

Titan

I have only used the Blue IM wraps. Do you guys like the leather wraps better than what I'm using? What would be the top 3 fabrics if you had to chose?

For Instance:

Good =

Better =

Best =

I have only utilized the Blue wraps that came with my initial IM Nail order. Thanking All Benders In Advance

I have only used the Blue IM wraps.  Do you guys like the leather wraps better than what I'm using?  What would be the top 3 fabrics if you had to chose?

For Instance:

Good =

Better =

Best =

I have only utilized the Blue wraps that came with my initial IM Nail order.  Thanking All Benders In Advance

I have only used two types of wraps: Crappy and Good

Crappy: wash clothe

Good: Suede

I've heard IMs are not as good as leather, but if you want to cert with the Red you might as well get used to them.

-Jon

I have only used the Blue IM wraps.  Do you guys like the leather wraps better than what I'm using?  What would be the top 3 fabrics if you had to chose?

For Instance:

Good =

Better =

Best =

I have only utilized the Blue wraps that came with my initial IM Nail order.   Thanking All Benders In Advance

I've heard IMs are not as good as leather, but if you want to cert with the Red you might as well get used to them.

-Jon

I did not know that. The whole REd Cert thing. I thought you could use leather. Thanks for the info

For Instance:

Good =

Better =

Best =

I have only utilized the Blue wraps that came with my initial IM Nail order.   Thanking All Benders In Advance

-Jon

I did not know that. The whole REd Cert thing. I thought you could use leather. Thanks for the info

That is my understanding, but I would check on it. Thats just what I have been told.

-Jon

Yup, only pads on the cert.

Best - thin leather and or suede.

Decent - Pads

Worst - wash cloth

THats my personal preference. Of coarse, this is for the goal of bending the hardest steel I can. If you want your hands to be super tough, and able to take a beating, I say go with teh pads.

the im pads are horrible. the only thing it's good for is looking blue.

I'm not bending reds, but I didn't like the IM pads. Too slippery and thin IMO. I know I could put chalk in there, but I haven't had anything blow through my shop towels. I fold cheap shop towles into thirds and wrap tightly. This gives me the best diameter hold on the bar for my favored reverse grip style. I don't switch to double over hand until there is a sizeable kink in the bar. The few times I tried double overhand from the beginning with the shop towels, it really hurt. Being vegitarian means I don't use leather.

I used the IM pads a lot in my earlier bending life.

That was when I was using the DU style only.

Even though I can bend harder bars with leather I don't feel that uncomfortable with the IM pads.

Just keep using them.

And yes, the IM rules say:

1 minute and just use IM pads.

i cut up strips of tshirt.

at the waist of a shirt. cut a piece about 3-4 inches wide. then u end up with a circle cut the circle in half and you have 2 strips.

then i wrap it how i want making the outside thicker and what not. they wear out quickly but if u have a lot of old t shirts its good.

i just use a tiny piece of masking tape to hold the wraps from unravelling.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2397

theres a pic of how i wrap it.

id rate the tshirt strips- best :)

I'm not bending reds, but I didn't like the IM pads.  Too slippery and thin IMO.  I know I could put chalk in there, but I haven't had anything blow through my shop towels.  I fold cheap shop towles into thirds and wrap tightly.  This gives me the best diameter hold on the bar for my favored reverse grip style.  I don't switch to double over hand until there is a sizeable kink in the bar.  The few times I tried double overhand from the beginning with the shop towels, it really hurt.  Being vegitarian means I don't use leather.

ouch

I've only used Dish Rags and for the last 3 months the IM pads, since the Red is my goal I figure I should train as close to the cert as possible, I've gone through two sets so far as they tend to fray and to some degree wear, when they're new they are very stiff and slippery but after a few workouts they mould and wrap better and I guess I'm used to them now but I really like them

as for you leather users, where do you get you're leather?

I like the IM pads, after you break them in they don't slip much, and if you wrap them tight enough they pad your hands well. It's true though, that leather is the best choice if you aren't interested in certifying on the red.

I got mine from Wall-mart. I heard ebay also has good leather sources. If you do a search, there are several topics as to where to get leather.

I found T-Shirts the worst, moreso than towels.

Have you ever tried leather?  :blink

that's funny. lol

I saw Kevin Bussi bend the red with i.m. pads.He rolled the pads real tight on the red and secured them with rubber bands to keep the pads tight around the nail.

I think leather would be good to train with just to get your wrists stronger them move to the i.m pads once youv'e done a nail with leather.

I saw Kevin Bussi bend the red with i.m. pads.He rolled the pads real tight on the red and secured them with rubber bands to keep the pads tight around the nail.

I think leather would be good to train with just to get your wrists stronger them move to the i.m pads once youv'e done a nail with leather.

not a bad idea.