Formulator

gotenmyoou

How much weight is everybody using for Flexor work(wrist curl)? I am presently doing 15reps with 25kgs.

I wanted to know how much is considered strong with this device.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• John Wood

• Patrik_F

• gotenmyoou

That's pretty impressive Yuichi. Anything over 50 is pretty good. The most I have done so far is x pounds for a set of x.

That's pretty impressive Yuichi. Anything over 50 is pretty good.  The most I have done so far is 67 pounds for a set of 10.

Here's a question. Does anyone realize what this claim is? ;)

I am throwing up the card on this one John.

Let's see a video. :upsidedwn

You can buy it when it comes out. :D

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :tongue

Now I have to lock this. I don't know bending WC, but I think I have an idea on Formulator WC levels. :yikes

:blink There, it's edited, Boo is right.

To answer the other gent's question: Do or do not, there is no try.

funny, John can edit a post after others have posted. Moderator???

As to video, I think you should post one, from what I hear 67 pounds on the formulator is huge. I would also like to see it in action.

Greg

Hey Greg, no need to be a hater, anybody can edit their own post post after its posted , notice the EDIT button on the lower right.

As for a video, I just beat that performance in tonights workout.

Keep trainin' hard. :D:yikes

John,

I think you read my post wrong, I was actually interested in seeing it, not questioning your ability to do it. I believed you, I just hear people using weights closer to 15-20 so the 67 sounds like a ton.

As to editing posts, I don't see the edit button, I don't think I can unless I edit it prior to someone else posting.

edit: I do not see the edit button on the previous post of mine But it is on this one since nobody has posted since I last posted. :D

Greg

Edited by gamidon

funny, John can edit a post after others have posted. Moderator???

Whoops. Edit Loophole (no time limit to edit his own posts) in the KTA users group. Fixed. ;)

Oh yeah, everyone has a 15 minute window to edit their own posts.

John,

I think you read my post wrong, I was actually interested in seeing it, not questioning your ability to do it.  I believed you, I just hear people using weights closer to 15-20 so the 67 sounds like a ton. 

As to editing posts, I don't see the edit button, I don't think I can unless I edit it prior to someone else posting. 

edit: I do not see the edit button on the previous post of mine  But it is on this one since nobody has posted since I last posted. :D

Greg

67lbs is doable if you have strong pair of wrists.

67lbs is doable if you have strong pair of wrists.

I am not saying it's not doable. What I am saying is it's likely World Class.

Well it's John's baby - I'd expect nothing less from him. It's still fairly new - it will take a while and more exposure to figure out what's really possible on it. But 67 sounds like a bunch. Question - does anyone have any idea what kind of mechanical disadvatage the Formulator give? Like 67# equates somewhat to x pounds on a bar sort of thing.

even more impressive in my opinion is Johns numbers in the reverse wrist curl movement. Im closer to John in the wrist curl movement and not even close in the extensor movement.

Cant wait to see whats coming out next buddy.

Austin

The most I have done so far is x pounds for a set of x.

Hm, reading that formula you could be using 1 pound for 1 rep, or 200 pounds for 200 reps. Maybe the higher weight psyches you up and you can rep longer... ;)

Rolle

I really messed up here. I thought he meant extensions! Yup, no lie. :blink

I'm now not sure on curls. I only use mine for extensions.

Now I probably don't know what I'm talking about but it would seem to matter how you load it - it's like a lever - the further out you put the weight- the harder it would be. If one loaded 5-5s then a 25 for 50# , I'd think that would be harder than if you put the big plate closer in (first) and then the smalll ones. Right-wrong- make no difference? So when we start recording records - we might need a loading method.

Now I probably don't know what I'm talking about but it would seem to matter how you load it - it's like a lever - the further out you put the weight- the harder it would be.  If one loaded 5-5s then a 25 for 50# , I'd think that would be harder than if you put the big plate closer in (first) and then the smalll ones.  Right-wrong- make no difference?  So when we start recording records - we might need a loading method.

That's true, and has a huge bearing on the difficulty of the lift, I believe. One 50-pound plate would surely be easier than 5 tens, or 5 fives and a 25.

that would make the difference right there for sure, now 67 on extensors I'd buy a video of that!

You can buy it when it comes out. :D

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :tongue

Now I have to lock this. I don't know bending WC, but I think I have an idea on Formulator WC levels. :yikes

lol