Hand Health For Bending

Cunny

Any of the regular benders give some advice on exercises to stay injury free?

I know start slow and about sleeping with mitts on (although not always practical ;) )

Any advice on essential exercises/hand health

Shot rotations, and work the oposing muscles as well with a sledge or leverage bar.

-HH

I definitely second the hammerwork. I've been using them since I was in high school. They have a way of hitting all the odd angles, especially if you use them to go heavy with indian club work. I know I always plug the hammers- but that's how much I believe in them[brought me within a hair from a #3 on my first week working with anything as fancy.]

Also, getting in the habit of stretching in all free time. That sounds simple, but I feel it really makes a difference. It's worth looking into some literature on attacking the tendons the right way. I find it leaves you 'click free', even w/o a good warm-up.

Also, getting in the habit of stretching in all free time. That sounds simple, but I feel it really makes a difference. It's worth looking into some literature on attacking the tendons the right way. I find it leaves you 'click free', even w/o a good warm-up.

Any recommendations on literature?

I definitely second the hammerwork. I've been using them since I was in high school. They have a way of hitting all the odd angles, especially if you use them to go heavy with indian club work. I know I always plug the hammers- but that's how much I believe in them[brought me within a hair from a #3 on my first week working with anything as fancy.]

I still think there is room for a tutorial type document on hammer work, showing all the possible leverage type lifts in detail.

I still think there is room for a tutorial type document on hammer work, showing all the possible leverage type lifts in detail.

I won't call myself an expert, but I have been working with the things for quite some time.

Levering is great, but I tell you I know no equal with regards to the benefit from using them as clubs. It just hits you so many ways. I posted awhile back about pretty much everything anybody would need to know if they were just fresh to the idea. From there on, I recommend creativity.

working on extensors with sand or im expand your hand bands.

Levering is great, but I tell you I know no equal with regards to the benefit from using them as clubs. It just hits you so many ways. I posted awhile back about pretty much everything anybody would need to know if they were just fresh to the idea. From there on, I recommend creativity.

Was that the post in reply to open hand strength for wrsetling/martial art?

i'm gonna try all the recommendations here. :)