Aluminium Tee Ball Bat

MikeP

Somebody posted a pic of one of these power team guys bending an aluminium baseball bat and wondered how hard it was. Here is a tee ball bat I did the other day to try it out, this one wasn't that bad. Don't know but I bet a baseball bat would be harder. This is more of an upper body strength test than just grip, but so is most bar bending.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2355

Great, Mike. About how long did that take, like a few seconds or a couple of minutes or what?

This odd stuff is really cool.

MikeP you are batting a 1000, no actually you’re not batting at all with that warped bat to say the least.

Man this bending stuff just keeps getting more and more expensive with each feat! :laugh Steel, Nails & Spikes, Bolts Grade 5 & 8, Grade 9 bolts at about $3.50 a whack, wrenches, horseshoes and now ALUMINUM BATS! :whacked

I am going to have to start a small business that offers tan array of servics like:

Have a stubborn jar that's lid just won't come of, need your cards cut, do you have a lock but no key but don't have bolt cutters, want a fancy art scrolling for you garden gate or that rusty anvil to get a lift off your property?

NO FEAR CALL THE GATOR NO TASK TO SMALL NO JOB TO TOUGH

I SEE ALL JOBS AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND WILL NOT LEAVE UNTIL THE JOB IS DONE – GUARANTEED

AFFORDABLE, FAST AND FUN TO WATCH!

CALL GATORGRIP SERVICES FOR ALL YOUR BENDING, TWISTING OR TEARING NEEDS!

CALL WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS and for a limited time I will throw in the highly collectable Christian Symbol Fish tie tack or broach made with a genuine 60-penny nail! - Great for Mothers or Fathers Day Gifts or Just for to tell that Special Someone you really care, nothing says that better than bent metal!

Ask for my DELUXE HOUSE CALL PACKAGE which includes 3 jar lids lifted, 1 lock twisted and 1 anvil removal.

Act now becuase if you are one of the next 10 lucky callers you will receive a genuine wrench pencil holder, you heard me right a bent wrench pencil holder.

THAT'S GATORGRIP SERVICES AT

1-800- GET-BENT - THAT’S 1-800- GET-BENT

:rock:laugh:yikes:upsidedwn:tongue:cool:D:happy

By the way, what method did you use to bend it? Over your knee or did you pull it over your foot and row it? Did it give pretty easy once the initial kink was made?

By the way, what method did you use to bend it?  Over your knee or did you pull it over your foot and row it?  Did it give pretty easy once the initial kink was made?

I have seen the Power Team perform this. He took the bat from behind his leg (on the hamstring) and pulled up on it. Once the bat got started the rest looked pretty easy. I think the tough part with baseball bats are getting them started.

I bent this one over the thigh. It would have been much easier for me to bend it rowing against my padded shin but the guy that I was copying did it over the thigh I thought. Not hard at all once its past 90º, anybody could bend it back and forth once or twice and break it. All the strength is in the physics of the tube, once its wrecked the thin aluminium is nothing. Now a baseball bat would be much harder I'm sure because as you double the thickness the strength goes up 4x, I believe. It only took a minute or so to bend. A wooden bat til it breaks, now that will be cool!

That's pretty cool, Mike!

-Jedd-