Home Depot

Justin Reagan

I found out some good news. We have a new Home Depot store about 25 minutes from home. I'm going to go there in a couple days, and I need to make a shopping list. Anybody have any suggestions on what bending stuff (nails, etc.) to buy? (to find out some info about me, just read my last 2 or 3 posts...) I have a feeling there is going to be a much better selection there than in the 2 or 3 local hardware stores. Any suggestions and ideas would be very much appreciated. I actually feel like I used to feel when we were planning a trip to the toystore (10-15 years ago).

Thanks,

Justin Reagan

go buy some grade 2 bolts 6in long by 1/4in, you should be able to do some of those, and if they are too easy cut them down. just keep at it. good luck

I had good results from Home Depot by buying their 30lb tub of 60D common nails. The thing I don't like about HD is that they have no grade 5 or 8 bolts in the 6" length. Check out their section that has various 3 foot lengths of 1/4" and 5/16" hrs round, although you would be better off going to a steel factory if you have one in the area.

6 long by 1/4 thick, they are harder than a blue nail.

Different six inch nails can vary in their difficulty, depending on the number of twists, as well as other factors. I have found nails harder than blue nails, and some that are easier than yellows.

the thing about HD is wait time to purchase something.

6 long by 1/4 thick, they are harder than a blue nail.

Are these shiny ones with no twists? They come in the clear bucket? The only other 6 inch nail aside from the 6 inch galvenized spiral spikes with the green label?

mine dont have any twist i pulled mine out of a bin they had them in.