Coc2 Much Easier Than Rb180?

Captain Crunk

My friend has an RB180 which he can dominate without any problem at all. He went to use his other friends coc2 and siad it was much easier then his 180. I was under the impression that the RB180 should still be slightly easier than a #2.

Is this just a case of grippers varying? With a hard RB180 and an easy #2.

I think there are a few mutant RB180s out there. All my other RB grippers fall about where you'd expect but my 180 is a beast - far harder than my No2 - in fact harder than my RB210. The first one I bought was like that, but when I sent it back, the replacement was just as bad.

This was a couple of years ago, they might be better now.

I dont know actually, but Rbs are a bit different from COCs (Have 1 RB and 3 COCs of varying strength), the handles are a bit thicker on RBs and they are coiled tighter. Hgs for instance are not anywhere near what their numbers imply, but I am under the impression that is not the case with COCs and RBs. But hey I am no expert, but it could be other factors just than the force required to close.

Edit: Or the reason above.

Edited by Kalevala

i can deffinatly say that my rb180 is far harder than my #2 i can close my #2 pretty easily now and can just about get my rb180 down to parrallel

WAIT A SECOND!

This is weird. I was planning on ordering an RB210 now that I can close my #2.

So now I'm hearing that some RB180's could possibly be harder than some RB210's and that the RB180's are much harder than the #2???

So where does a RB210 fall?

Damn strange. I know grippers vary but who could imagine a #2 being harder than a #3.

RL

Edited by LAHotSauce

WAIT A SECOND!

This is weird.  I was planning on ordering an RB210 now that I can close my #2.

So now I'm hearing that some RB180's could possibly be harder than some RB210's and that the RB180's are much harder than the #2???

Damn strange.  I know grippers vary but who could imagine a #2 being harder than a #3.

RL

I have a rb160 and a rb210,the 160 is harder than my #2 and the rb210 i can only close to paralell :blink

The rb's handles are bigger than the coc's making it harder :yikes

Helder

Wow so the RB180 by all acounts should be harder than a CoC#2. I only have a RB300 which is currently just a nice brass paper weight so I havn't been able to compare.

I was really expecting that the CoC2 would have been harder. Very interesting, and wack at the same time.

Does anyone else have experiences.

WAIT A SECOND!

Damn strange.  I know grippers vary but who could imagine a #2 being harder than a #3.

RL

My RB210 is about 2.2 - 2.3 and my RB160 is slightly harder than my No1. It's only the RB180 that's way off. Like I said in my previous post, the RB grippers are generally pretty close to where they are supposed to be strength-wise, which is why it came as a surprise to me that this 180 was so far out.

Word.

Thanks for the clarification. That RB180 is a true misfit. Maybe it should be marked RB240, 300?

Word.

Thanks for the clarification.  That RB180 is a true misfit.  Maybe it should be marked RB240, 300?

I've just compared it to my other grippers and it seems to fall right between the RB240 and the RB260, So I've got myself an RB250! :)

One day I'll get another RB180 which will hopefully be of the correct strength.

Edited by Andy

I have a brass RB 180 that rates about 2.3-2.4 the spring is about the same sise as my number 2, but the mount is very far from the handles compared to the #2. I simply assume that demonic intervention makes it difficult.

WAIT A SECOND!

RL

I'm confused also, because I just sent in an order for 4 RB's: 240 wide / 240 narrow / 260 wide and 260 narrow thinking they would ALL fall between my COC 2 & 3. They said it would take 4 weeks to make, I wonder if I can change the order. Varying Grippers is not even the right word for this type of descrepancy. Is there another word in Websters for such a variance as this (lol)

WAIT A SECOND!

RL

I'm confused also, because I just sent in an order for 4 RB's: 240 wide / 240 narrow / 260 wide and 260 narrow thinking they would ALL fall between my COC 2 & 3. They said it would take 4 weeks to make, I wonder if I can change the order. Varying Grippers is not even the right word for this type of descrepancy. Is there another word in Websters for such a variance as this (lol)

I wouldn't worry too much. I've found RB grippers to be very good. The 180 was worthy of mention simply because it was so unusual - I'd never had an RB that was so different from it's advertised strength.

Damned grippers!

I think I'm gonna start ordering those homemade one's by Gatorgrip!

Those will fit my hand better anyways! :D:blink

RL