Michigan Grip Champs 3

Bob Lipinski

Started doing a little bit of specific training for this contest tonight but I had a few more questions Bob. What does a vertical bar look like? Fat Bastards site did not have a picture. Is it similar to the ironmind anvil thing. Right now I'm guessing some sort of handle that is held in one hand and the weight is suspended underneath maybe like a gripper with a strap?

Also the dead lift portion any stance allowed? And in general how much of a difference does the 2 inch bar make compared to standard olympic bar in deadlift?

No prob about questions!

V-bar is just a vertical bar about 2 feet long, with a square base so that the plates don't slide off. Around one inch (maybe a tad more) diameter.

For the 2" double overhand dead, I will allow any style. Grip will most likely limit you. At my first contest, most guys got 200, only a few got 300, nobody got 400. Dave Thorton, probably one of the strongest thick bar guys that will be there, could get around 385 fresh, I think.

If you are interested, I will be in the Detroit area the weekend of July 16. I could bring some of the stuff down and we could get together, if you like.

Do we need to send in any kind of entry form?

Ill be there for sure this year.

Big Bob Lipinski!! The Man with The Plan!! :bow

Bob, have I ever told you its your fault I spend all my money on grippers? :happy

-Jon

Hah, no you haven't! Glad I could help (?) somebody!

Haha, my parents wonder why I keep buying them. They say "Don't you already have enough" and then I start yellow "NO!! You can never have enough!! Dan Praydis has 33!!!" haha. Just kidding, I usually don't mention Dan. :laugh

Yeah, but seriously, I got my first IMs because you always talked about them in the P&B forum. Now im hooked!

-Jon

Bob,

To practice for the 2 hand plate pinch, should I stick a pipe through 2 45's and add weight that way? I have never used any kind of pinch setup besides just putting the two plates together. 2 45s is easy, but I have no idea how much more I can do.

If only I wasn't tied in to a prior obligation that weekend I'd have made the trek in from Milwaukee :cry

I hate it when I have to miss out on the good stuff!

VeGripper