Finally!

JNowiski

I finally bent something harder than timber ties! I bent 1/4" X 7" HRS (im pretty sure it was the 7" piece) and a G2 bolt. Bent them both DU.

I figured out one thing I wasn't doing right. My hand positioning was to far on the ends on the nails. I needed to move them a little closer. And it helped a lot...also the fact tht I used leather this time! :happy

-Jon

Edited by JNowiski

Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel. :)

Rolle

Good job Jon! :rock

Thanks guys. I know its not really a huge deal, but at least im progressing. I posted a pic of the final "product" in the gallery.

-Jon

Excellent, I see volume work with 60Ds in your future! Keep up the fight. Also, if you plan to certify on the IM red eventually you may want to hold off on the leather and get used to the thinner IM wraps, otherwise it may be hard to change up later.

Edited by mmainlands

Congrats. Good job.

Well fellas, I cut some 1/4" CRS I had, mostly to 7" two under 7" (one just under 7" one about 6" or so).

Well, I tried my first "yellow" and dominated it! I got it to 15/16" haha. just under one inch! :yikes

I put a pic of the final product in m gallery.

-Jon

Edited by JNowiski

thats a sick bend man nice job. i bent my first yellow recently too. i carry it around with me when im at home haha. pic of mine is in my gallery :)

now onto the blue man. you should have er soon. keep on keepin on

Edited by porky

Yeah, Porky, I saw your bend earlier, great job!!

-Jon

Volume will get the bigger nails for you. Do 10 or 20 bends of whatever you can bend that many times in a session and you will see much progress.

Great job and Keep after it.

Well fellas, check out the gallery, because I just bent a 1/4" X 6.5" CRS and a 1/4" X 6" CRS!! Also, I got a video of the 6" bend, trying to get it up.

:D

-Jon

Volume will get the bigger nails for you. Do 10 or 20 bends of whatever you can bend that many times in a session and you will see much progress.

Great job and Keep after it.

:) I hadn't thought about the volume strategy on bending. Will definately try that out asap.

What kind of leather do you guys use?[i know I should use the search, and will, but just in case something good came up recently.] Gloves are a little cumbersome. :blush

Great job on the bend JNowiski!

Glute,

As far as the leather wraps, I use pieces of old welding leathers. I cut them in 4" wide strips to about 10 or 12" long. When rolled tightly around 1/4 round bar stock the diameter is about 1".

I also have an old leather coat that my wife got at a garage sale for $1 that is soon to be bending wraps.

Another good tip is to use a grinder or file to knock off the sharp edges on your cut bar stock. That will greatly increase the life of your wraps.

So good bending to you.

Mike

Im using some suede I think. It works very well...as you can see, haha.

Great job, Jon!

Keep the good work!

Great job, Jon!

Keep the good work!

Franky, im trying to get the video up, but I had to send it to Wanna, because I really don't know what im doing with that stuff.

P.S. - When the video is up, don't make fun of how goofy I look, haha and my popeye face at the start of the bend. :laugh

-Jon

Mr. Jonathon Nowiski,

I really liked your Double Underhand Style, you taught me something. I never go up high with my hands and harness that momentum. I liked how it seemed to naturally fall in line and in the pocket of your upper chest and flowed down as it bent. That was also one heck of an initial kink- I never thought you would be the kinky type but that goes to show you can't judge a person just by being in a chat room with them, and we have been in there alone. :unsure

(I watched and re-watched that clip just good DU bending my friend!)

Your really kicking butt and taking shorter steel! I think you have got your GROOVE THANG! Down. Just be careful not to over do it and jump up to quickly and cause yourself a nagging injury - I did, I do and I now have! I had to change a tire today on our van and man my shoulder was killing me but no tire not ride then my legs would have killed me for I was a good ways from the house. :cry

All I can say is you're on your way now to becoming an awesome DU bender one day to go along with those boyish yet sophisticated features that dive them women wild! As Rod Stewart sang "Some Guys Have All The Luck"!

:mosherWay to scrap that steel with those iron claws of yours! Congratulations on a job well done. :rock

Your Far Away Friend in The Last Frontier (an out of place redneck) and Bending Buddy. I am now your #1 FAN can I get your autograph sir. :blush

GatorGrip

Mr.  Jonathon Nowiski,

I really liked your Double Underhand Style, you taught me something. I never go up high with my hands and harness that momentum. I liked how it seemed to naturally fall in line and in the pocket of your upper chest and flowed down as it bent. That was also one heck of an initial kink- I never thought you would be the kinky type but that goes to show you can't judge a person just by being in a chat room with them, and we have been in there alone.  :unsure

(I watched and re-watched that clip just good DU bending my friend!)

Your really kicking butt and taking shorter steel! I think you have got your GROOVE THANG! Down. Just be careful not to over do it and jump up to quickly and cause yourself a nagging injury - I did, I do and I now have!  I had to change a tire today on our van and man my shoulder was killing me but no tire not ride then my legs would have killed me for I was a good ways from the house. :cry

All I can say is you're on your way now to becoming an awesome DU bender one day to go along with those boyish yet sophisticated features that dive them women wild! As Rod Stewart sang "Some Guys Have All The Luck"!

:mosherWay to scrap that steel with those iron claws of yours! Congratulations on a job well done. :rock

Your Far Away Friend in The Last Frontier (an out of place redneck) and Bending Buddy. I am now your #1 FAN can I get your autograph sir. :blush

GatorGrip

Haha, thanks GG. I don't know why I even started the launch above my head, haha, thats just how I started doing it, I guess I feel it helps a little. Im also gonna make sure I take breaks, I think if I did bending as much as I mess with my grippers I would probably have broken wrists!! :yikes

-Jon

Great job on the bending, Jon! The full DU to almost complete crushdown is tough stuff - I usually make a 30-60 degree bend before I flip it, but you went the full run in that clip. You'll be tacking bigger and badder stuff soon enough since your wrists seem to be able to handle the beating of a full DU bend, so congrats on the accomplishment!

VeGripper

man thats a sick ass bend.  the blue is a mean mofo.

wheres the vid at i wanna see this?

Blue bend

Thanks alot guys for all the help with technique and stuff. It hard to believe that just a week ago from today I could only bend timber ties, until Greg's Miracle Leather ( :happy ) came in. Thanks a lot Greg.

-Jon