questions for the 1stCoC

supersqueeze

Richard - When you were training grip hard were any grip tools other than grippers commercially available? Did you have a plate loading grip machine? I guess I'm wondering what was your favorite crushing grip exercise? I also assume there were no strap holds ... or did you think of these before Brookfield?

Thanks,

Mike M.

There was not much in the way of formal training gear in my "early days" I do have a gift of sorts for mechanical design so I did make much of my own equipment.Plate loaded grippers rang out for hundreds (literally)(not so smart) of times per day,vertical, and fat bars were favored and pre Ironmind grippers by IronMan were used. I never have done a staphold but a good idea tho. Pinchgripping plates even from an early age evolved into the trick I showed John Brookfield... the blobs.My best training involved the fat bars and doing reverse curls with my thumbs on top of the bar. I really like the ideas Mr. Brookfield has shared as they help form a well rounded base instead of one dimentional hand strength. But NEVER forget quality and intensity over volume!