Testing Nails On Random People

chrisshirling

My friend owns a car shop, which is located in this warehouse, composed of many smaller shops.

I tested on two of his neighbors, both machine shop owners.. One guy, around 40 years of age, 6' or so, close to 300 lbs, put a kink in the yellow on his very first try.

Handed a wrapped yellow in Irondmind pads to another guy, 49 years old, about 5'10, 200 lbs, not very built nor did he have large forearms. DESTROYED the yellow on his first try, his first time bending ever. I gave him another. Destroy it to in under 10 seconds.

I was mesmerized. I handed him a red next but he refused as he didn't want to have his hands hurt.

Anyone else have stories on testing nail bending on people who've never done bending before?

Nice topic Chris. I'm sure many people here will respond to this one with their own stories.

At a casual grip contest in Missouri last month, I wrapped some nails and bending stock for a bodybuilder. Who was incredibly thick and strong. Looked more like an Elite powerlifter than a BB. Anyway, he destroyed a Blue Nail in less than 30 seconds. Easily. With not even a minute's worth of bending instruction. A few of us taught him about the double underhand method of bending. And he made short work of some Grade 2s. Then went to the Blue and had it turned over to finish the crushdown in about 10 seconds. Simply amazing. He did fail at a Grade 5 but only because he didn't rest enough and his technique was not quite solid enough for the higher strength bend.

A couple of weeks ago I let a guy (horse) from work try some bolts. I showed him once the do technique at chest level and he destroyed a grade 2. Next he tried a grade 5 within a few minutes of the g2 and he put a pretty good kink in it.

Today I let a differant guy from work try a 60d and he could not get it to move at all. He did comment on how it hurt his wrists and he could really feel it in his arms.

Most normal people who seem interested in hearing about this bending obsession do not want to put forth an honest effort at trying it out.

I suppose it is a pretty weird thing to do, it hurts a lot and it is not free, but I love bending.

A couple of weeks ago I let a guy (horse) from work try some bolts. I showed him once the do technique at chest level and he destroyed a grade 2. Next he tried a grade 5 within a few minutes of the g2 and he put a pretty good kink in it.

Today I let a differant guy from work try a 60d and he could not get it to move at all. He did comment on how it hurt his wrists and he could really feel it in his arms.

Most normal people who seem interested in hearing about this bending obsession do not want to put forth an honest effort at trying it out.

I suppose it is a pretty weird thing to do, it hurts a lot and it is not free, but I love bending.

I've noticed the shorter, sub 6' people seem to have an easier time bending nails right off the bat, but the taller (6'2+), heavier people can never get one. Usually the shorter people are bad at the grippers but taller can at least get the #1 on the first time.

This may be a bad generalization though. What do you think?

Paramedics are a weak bunch ..."at least the ones I work with", although my partner has finally bent a 6"X1/4" HRS in about 2 minutes.

I gave a yellow nail to a friend, 16 years old, within a minute and a half, he had bent it double. No previous bending experience. I was very impressed.

Also, two girls at my high school have bend standard 4" nails. Which is really cool.

Edited by Left Side

I gave a yellow nail to a friend, 16 years old, within a minute and a half, he had bent it double. No previous bending experience. I was very impressed.

Also, two girls at my high school have bend standard 4" nails. Which is really cool.

Do you plan on dating these girls? If so I suggest you just choose one and don't two time them because they will bend you then tear you apart. Do these girls have mustaches or voices like Darth Vader - James Earl Jones if so run to the right side Left Side bob, weave and dodge thier advances -ahh heck just run because this could be like the old Kinks song Lola! :laugh

All kidding aside those are some strong ladies and your friend ain't to shabby himself. Of course my money would still have to go on the warrior princesses if they were to scrap! :trout

Gator you're hilarious.

To answer your questions, first of all no, the girls are actually very good looking. (And today one of them bent a five inch nail!)

P.S, Left Side refers to my position in volleyball.

And I like your new avitar, very cool.

each of the girls is HOT, id do em all. lmfao

she HAMMERED that 5 inch, its hilarious because her bf couldnt bend the 4 inch. laughs.

I have a 25 year old working out with me for about a month now - couple weeks ago I showed him how to DO and he bent an easy TT. Last night he did another TT doing what I told him to do starting high up under the chin and coming down with the elbows etc. Had just a little trouble but wanted to try something else so I gave him a grade II. He dropped his hands down to mid chest and went "pop" and it was done so I handed him a 60d common that's a solid middle level 60d - lowered his hands to mid chest and goes "ouch" - the ouch was his knuckles hitting together hard enough to hurt. I'll give him a grade V next week when we bend. He's 6' and about 335# so he's a horse.