Im Nails

Muscle Turtle

I got my IM nail bag set.. WOAH I got screwed for shipping and such!!! lol.

anyways...I got my set two days ago, opened er up and me and Left Side and one of our buddies had a lil comp!

Our buddy worked his way up to the yellow nail and got it in about 10 minuts, it was his 2nd time bending.

Left Side hammered the yellow and got the blue with some bracing, took him a while but he got it.

I got the blue, was pretty cool.

question... Is the yellow and blue the same size? just dif lengths?

and how does a 7 inch, grade 5 bolt compare to a blue nail?

Thanks.

The green is the same as the white, only shorter. The blue is the same as the yellow, only shorter.

Wouldn't know about you Americans and your darn grades... :flame

Rolle

The jump from Blues to Grade 5 bolts is significant even at a 7" length. I would say continue with some volume training and look for some 60d or 60 penny nails the same just two different names they can be called. They can vary but if you get some mark what store you purchased them from then next time you go to another store buy some and do the same. You can go to 5 different stores and not get the same brand of 60 d nails and they will vary in the force required to bend them. The every once in a while you can run into what we in the bending business call Super 60s and these can be as hard as or even harder than a grade 5 bolt, which you pray that you don't hit the jack pot and get these as your first 60s but just be aware they are out there lurking in some nail bend just waiting to put some hurt on them hands. :laugh You also have the option of round HRS (hot rolled steel) steel in the 5/16" diameter that is good for transition work. I liked square stuff as I was jumping the ranks but do not run out and buy a bunch of CRS (cold rolled steel) 1/4" Square and expect it to be just a little harder than the blue 1/4" round CRS because you will be in for a shock as I was. This square 1/4" CRS is getting really close to a RED Nail, as I have bent Grade 5s down to 4.5", Grade 8s at 6" and got some good kinks in both the 5.5" and 5" bolts. I have even bent a Grade 9 bolt at 6" and it was no picnic but it felt allot easier than that Square stuff that I have yet to bend.

I will and you will to but give it time and train smart. It is easy to get addicted to bending for that next PR (personal record) before your body is ready but your ego thinks he is ready for a railroad spike. Well that ego can and will get you hurt so you have to be disciplined enough to say no I am going to bend this until I get my technique down and a good strength base then I will take that challenge.

Take that from a guy that went from a 3/16" green nail to putting a good wrinkle in a Red Nail in exactly 100 days on my first try.

I will confess now that I was not ready to tackle the Red yet and I let all the motivating comments go to my head and I felt obligated to try the Red but I caused myself some significant injury and will be healing for a while where I could have been still bending steady and gaining strength I now have to settle for small bends or the pain is unbearable.

So go slow and steady and you will meet your goals most likely injury free and ready for the next big challenge.

GatorGrip

Actually for a better understanding of steel, bolt and nail progression go here and take a look – These are not all scientifically precise but this is a good list of valuable data.

http://home.insight.rr.com/strongman/yields2.html

Thanks for the advice Gator, will do. I have a bunch of 6 inch spikes which are bellow the yellow which I have been bending for volume. I will continue to do this. Im going to the city this weekend so I will look for some dif kinds of nails and give them a go.

Thanks. havea good one.