Daniel Browne Certification

Bill Piche

Witness? I know you told me by PM, but let's document it here. :)

Witness is Peter Prachar (pete0220) He was my witness for MM0 also

I'm gunna give this MM1 a shot. I'm not so confident as ive never tried it and grippers vary so much that my #3 may be a very easy 3, or for all i know its medium or hard. Im crossing my fingers that its at least medium.

All i know is im gunna give it my all!

Good luck Danny!!

Kill that thing. :devil

Crush it Danny!!!

Hey man, just squeeze for all you have in you and my guess is then you'll here "click!"

Very nice!

Congrats Danny!!

Everyone,

Going forward, please refrain from congrats until the video gets reviewed and it becomes official.

Thanks.

But he closed it!

But he closed it!

Clay, rules are rules. We can't make exceptions every attempt to the rules. Otherwise, they mean nothing.

As one of the strictest closers who follows the rules to the letter, I hope you are joking. :)

ok its a no go. Ah well i did close it though like i said but its not for me to judge.

It was a bit harder than my #3. I cant believe some guys actually did the mm2 and up. wow!

hey man, did you do it or not?

The attempts were judged no good because on video the set was filmed across the room and it could not be clearly seen. As everyone should know by now, we are strictly enforcing the rules from the MMG0 - to the MMG4.

It was thought for a moment that since his attempt was so cost prohibitive (he paid like 35 dollars total due to customs issue), that he could try once more before sending it back since he was the last person before the June quiet period.

Someone else pointed out someone would take advantage of this and it would set a precedence. So, any subsequent attempts would not be allowed.

So, the gripper will be sent back and stowed until the end of June and the next MMG1 session will open.

The attempts were judged no good because on video the set was filmed across the room and it could not be clearly seen.  As everyone should know by now, we are strictly enforcing the rules from the MMG0 - to the MMG4.

It was thought for a moment that since his attempt was so cost prohibitive (he paid like 35 dollars total due to customs issue), that he could try once more before sending it back since he was the last person before the June quiet period.

Someone else pointed out someone would take advantage of this and it would set a precedence. So, any subsequent attempts would not be allowed.

So, the gripper will be sent back and stowed until the end of June and the next MMG1 session will open.

yea thats fair, ill jus get better footage next time thats all.

Tough break bro, I can relate. Study some of the videos in the gallery, especially those on the Mash Monster website, and try to mimic how they're done.

Congrats on the close!

Arent there some questionable sets on some of the previous attempts that were passed?

Austin

Congrats on the close!

Arent there some questionable sets on some of the previous attempts that were passed?

Austin

I get frustrated having to explain every time someone brings it up when someone is borderline with a cert. If you followed what has been going on, we've made it CLEAR going forward for ALL certs from the MMG0 and up HAVE to follow the rules to the letter.

I could go into the whole history of this thing yet again, but I'll assume you'll take the benefit of the doubt with respect to a process getting better and everyone learning in the journey.

Along the same lines...

I don't think IronMind would let a non credit card close pass now. And, yet, there would be many "questionable sets" when you look at the current rules that were passed previously prior to the rule change. Probably numerous is more like it.

If it's any consolation, I viewed another video of a MMG1 close by Dan and the set was seen. It was too deep and would not have passed.

• 2 weeks later...