New use for bumper plates in the gym

jcovin

I was looking around the gym the other day for things I could use for grip work.  I stumbled upon an old set of bumper plates that come in 10, 15 and 20kg weights.  These plates are the size of a 45lb olympic plate and are coated with some sort of rubber, they are quite smooth although there is a little lip a couple of inches in.  I decided to try some pinch gripping with these and they work great!  I had been having trouble pinch gripping 2 25s together because once the plates start to slip they quickly fall out of my hands(the lip on the olympic plates is much thinner and deeper so if you dont keep them perfectly lined up they fall out of your hands).  I think these plates will also work well with a 5, 10, 25lb, etc... plate held together.  The only problem is the 20kg plate is a bit thicker than a regular 45lb olympic plate.  But until I get up to the 2 35lb plates and 2 45lb plates stage I think this will work great!