Secret Weapon

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Harlan,

I'll send you a pic of mine.  Would have done it sooner... but have been very busy lately!!   :)  :)

Guest kINGPIN

John, if you get a moment could you please e-mail me a pic or post it up on here because I don't have a clue what it looks like.  All I know is that it is a similar design to the HH.

Mission accomplished!!  :)  :)

I was able to figure out how to e-mail the pic of mine, and I sent it to WannaGrip for him to post in the Grip Gallery.

Hmmm! Well guys, to me it does not resemble the Hardy Handshake in the least! Syber's seems to  be kind of an awkward design,no offense meant,Syber! Obviously it was pretty effective for you though! I tend to suspect it was more your tenacity, will power and sheer determination that allowed you to conquer that # 3, bro!!

!SALUD!

JJ

blueshadow,

That's the actual machine that I ordered directly from Kinney (the floor model).  On the back of it, you can mount it to the wall if you wish to.  The "secret" (that I found out) is that you MUST go heavy... as heavy as you possibly can.  AND DON'T CHEAT!!  You are doing negatives - SEVERE heavy negatives (this is what this machine is designed for).  I've worked up to 150 pounds - Kinney can do well over 300 pounds (how he can.... I have no idea - it boggles the mind).  But I made incredible gains on this machine, and it allowed me to close that darned CoC #3!!  :p

Thanks for the pics guys.  

I know I'm a bit new here and you guys probably knew this all along, but I now have a better understanding of the "beyond the range" phrase that I think Kinney used, or at least I've seen it discussed here before.

With the small chunk of material removed from the top handle the close angle is much bigger and more severe when compared to a COC gripper fully closed and everyone knows the last bit is the hardest.  Kinney's machine is a great design.

gaster,

When you study it, Kinney simply built a machine that "simulates" the pressure of a CoC #3 or #4 (your hand knows what it's like to feel a hard gripper).  How will you know what kind of pressure your hand is used to if you don't TRAIN your hand to get used to that pressure?  Training with the grippers in order to close the #3 has been done (Steinspring), but according to Kinney - it is the most ineffective and slowest way to train IF you are training to close the CoC #3.  You must use a grip machine - and that's why he designed the SW.

"Training beyond the range" is just that.  You are training your hand for that pressure of that gripper.  The only flaw with Kinney's machine is that you are mostly training the close, and not so much the sweep or the hold.  Oh well, ya can't have everything.  I'm training my sweep on my BBE.  I've still got a long way to go before I can close the BBE.    :blush