Lost My So Far Hardest Battle Today

FrankyBoy

Today I went for the 6" Red for the first time.

I fought with that thing about 90 minutes and finally had to give up.

There was absolutely nothing left in the tank.

The last move of the nail was about 60 minutes after the bend started.

6" Red

Definately the hardest and possibly the most valuable bending workout I ever had.

Good stuff. I think that after a day of rest you'll get it. Hit the nail as hard as you can and keep it warm. I have bent the same bar twice, once it was hard, the other time easy; many times. I think that the speed of bending it is imperitive. If I get a good start and can actually hit it hard, as long as I stay on top of it, it bends easy. The times where I get a rocky start, let to cool a bit to regrip etc it is very hard... I sometimes can't even finish bars that are below my level.

Today I went for the 6" Red for the first time.

I fought with that thing about 90 minutes and finally had to give up.

There was absolutely nothing left in the tank.

The last move of the nail was about 60 minutes after the bend started.

6" Red

Definately the hardest and possibly the most valuable bending workout I ever had.

Sometimes as warriors we gain more from the BATTLE than from the VICTORY!

You definitely were sweating to the oldies if you kept at that 6" Red for 90 minutes.

I know the feeling that is how the regular 7" Red felt for me but I didn't go for 90 minutes by far, but I kept coming back to it and hitting it and it just wouldn't budge as it was set in that position to stay until the day I can finish it off. All I ended up doing with these extra futile efforts was ending up with severe rhomboid muscle strains that has grounded me for a bit. :cry

Word to the wise don't let your zeal for the next PR override your body's warning signs by pushing through the pain barrier (No Pain - No Gain). Pushing yourself to the max will bring gain in many cases but not at the cost of injury that will cause your progress to halt to hopefully heal.

I have found out the hard way that slow and steady gains are better than super fast jumps which you will eventually jump right into an injury. :pinch

franky, i know how these feel man, and they are ungodly hard....i cant imagine anything shorter or one of these from FBBC.....you are a warrior man, and even if its not under 2'' i would still be damn proud

Know it bums you out Frankie not to get that, but undoubtedly you will be stronger as a result of that effort. Take a good break, like a full week, alot of rest and protein, and you will "nail" it!