Trouble On The Im Yellow

Titan

I have been bending for 5 sessions now. I usually bend one day and take a day off then bend the next day. Another words I'm bending every other day. I have done NO training (sledge or anything else) since i have started bending. I'm sure I am going about this all wrong but I have been spending most of my energy on Gripper, Plate Pinching and Blob Pinching here and there. I have bent the IM Yellow on my last 3 attempts but can only seem to bend it by resting it on my knee. How can I progress to bend it unassisted (wheter it be OH or UH). I'm not sure which one I should lean towards since i am so new to bending. Thanks Kurk

I recently bent a yellow about three weeks ago. previous to that I could only kink it. I found that 3/16 square cut to 5' lengths was a good stepping stone. Also the most recent 3/16 square I bought was much harder than the home depot variety. Try some kinked yellows too. Last night I bent 2 yellows and a kinked 1/4 round a little longer than a yellow. But this was after taking about 3 days off. If I do more than 3 sessions in a week it seems my muscles get too fried so maybe try a 3 day rest.

I recently bent a yellow about three weeks ago.  previous to that I could only kink it.  I found that 3/16 square cut to 5' lengths was a good stepping stone.    Also the most recent 3/16 square I bought was much harder than the home depot variety.  Try some kinked yellows too.  Last night I bent 2 yellows and a kinked 1/4 round a little longer than a yellow.  But this was after taking about 3 days off.  If I do more than 3 sessions in a week it seems my muscles get too fried so maybe try a 3 day rest.

Do you seem to get more explosion and strength bending DO or DU? I can completely bend the Yellow IM in about 20 seconds but I am always forced to start down low over my right knee yet hardly putting any pressue on my leg itself. It seems to be more of an angle issue???? Once I kink it I just "grip" it to within an 1" spread. I just want to be able to perform the entire bend in a legal position and move onto the Blue without dropping low to perform the bend.

Thanks Kurk aka Titan

I use double overhand at the strernum level. Also I use 2 strips of leather plus ironmind nylon to pad the ends. This helped my volume. Explosiveness comes right after I kink the bar from straight maybe 10 degrees. Once I feel it move I really crush it.

Bending the 3/16 square at 5" seemed to rally help especially after I bought this last stock maybe its cold rold steel.

Wow, every other day for bending is alot! I bend twice a week and sometimes once.very often when im stuck on a bend I skip a workout and try it again. Im ussually very suprised how easy the bend is with a little rest.

I suppose i should rest more than a day before bending again.. I am a wreck right now and feel like I have the flu. It is amazing how much energy and effort goes into the bend itself. I almost feel like I overdidit. Not so much my wrists but my overall health. Thanks for all the input Kurk I probably had a bug on the way and last nights bend just sent me over the edge.

I've been bending and gripping every day again. :( I can't stop again. :laugh Haha.

Hear that.

Titan, everyone's different but some people, (I'm one of them), benefit from bending nails that easier, and bending alot of them. This high volume work saves on injuries too. But if you can bend the yellow with bracing, it won't be long now.

Edited by Left Side