Formulator Review. . .

austinslater

Unbiased opinions from people who have tried both and are unafilliated with either of the products would be a lot more meaningful.

Somehow I doubt PDA is going to solve the cost issue that is probably the only barrier to most here buying a Formulator.

Edited by Scott Styles

Well Scott, that is a tough one though the better querry would be to analyze the cost vs. the value.

Sure, the Formulator isnt cheap but quite honestly, and I know everybody who has one will agree, you get what you pay for. It is manufactured from the highest grade materials that will not wear out with normal usage.

And since it wont wear out, you can look at that cost in terms of using it over the long haul. Over ten years, you are looking at less then a few quarters a month.

Ok well thats the cost, but the value is much greater than that since the whole point of using a Formulator to provide a solution to a problem that can't be solved any other way. If you want to develop maximum wrist strength there quite frankly isnt any better method than using the Formulator to satisfy the requirements necessary to make that happen.

If developing stronger wrists is the missing link to greater success, be it football, martial arts, strongman or hand grippers, then how much is it really worth? And can you put a price on wated time or regret?

Perhaps someone will come out with a cheaper alternative which serves the exact same function. and if thats the case and cost is the only reason to choose between the two then by all means go with the cheaper option.

BUT, the cost is not a reflection of the value not to mention the detailed training and instructional materials which will be available. I have had several individuals say they would have easily paid twice as much for the results they have recieved from the Formulor.

As far as unbiased results, take a look back at this thread, nothing else need be said.

Hey listen, no need to argue.  The proof is in the pudding and everybody knows who the lead dog is when it comes to this device.  For those of you who would rather settle for the "FU" we certainly wish you good luck with it.

That is right John you tell them! Way to try and clutch those fleeing sells before they force you to come down in price to compete or simply sell less Formulators. You surely knew this would happen to a very good design with a very good way of doing something nothing else quite did would draw imitators. They say imitation is the finest form of flattery - not in sales though; it can be a bank account buster.

The camps will divide up and some will hold the Formulator as the pinnacle, Yet others will go to the dark side for either price or principle and defend their chosen product.

The Bottom Line is someone will eventually come out with something as good or better at hitting these specific areas and in the business world you either adapt or die. Take for instance the simple VCR when they came out they were big, bulky, expensive and if you were lucky to have a remote it was tethered by a cord. Now they have came to the point where they are not only dirt cheap but have decreased in production dramatically as the DVD has taken the market by storm and is here to stay.

Good Luck with the Formulator and your internet business John Wood :D

I wonder what the Grinch from the snowy north thinks about all this?

I pray God will continue to bless you and that you use all your gifts and talents wisely for the good of all. John you are a good man, I feel this through your message.

Thanks again so much Mr. John Wood we need more Americans like yourself that care about our men and women in uniform and show your support so kindly.

P.S. I will continue to recommend The Formulator to anyone in the gym or any of my soldiers or peers that appear the least bit interested in building a great pair of claws, as well as your website and newsletter that just gets better and better.

Staff Sergeant Walter K. Crews

>>>>---The---Tender---Warrior--------->

Absolutely Walt :D

John,

I hope that posting quoting GatorGrip was not a private message or an email to you.

As to the formulator Vs PDA's prototype I think the people who represent the companies, sell the items or are good friends with those people should be VERY careful about posting in these threads. People would like some unbiased discussion about these products and not everyone knows who is biased one way or the other. Those representing the unreleased PDA device as uncomfortable or "FU" in my opinion are stepping over the line. Clearly the comfort of the device cannot be known at this time since the picture may not even represent the current state of the design. PDA is a sponsor of this board and so is Functional Hand Strength. I may be wrong but sponsorship implies you get a banner, not free run selling product in posts.

Clearly the people who are unbiased and own a formulator have given it high praise. It seems to be a good product from what I have heard.

Lately it seems like there is a lot of commercial activity for things, instead of honest review we get what seems like sales pitches. I am not mad at anyone or blaming anyone about what is occurring. I think people are wanting to help out a friend by recommending their products. This seems to be heading for trouble though.

Greg

Edited by gamidon

I'd have to agree with that...I have a Formulator and its a good product. I also have several pieces of equipment from PDA, and if its anything like the ones I have it'll be good too.

Couldnt agree more Greg.

No, I don't like obnoxious sales pitches any more than you do but when someone raises an issue which could easily be addressed in a thread, it is right for me to do so rather than leave people uninformed.

Likewise if someone discovers a product that is very beneficial, people have the right to know about it.

The Formulator is a good product, buy it or don't, it makes no difference to me. If you want the results that it provides, go for it and if not then move on. It couldnt be simpler.

If PDA wants to make a FU, nobody is to stop them though in my opion there are more productive ways to spend time and/or resources than copying someone elses ideas/concepts. Of course, that is purely John Szymanskys call and I think that speaks for itself. If the FU is the real deal, and provides all the functionality of the Formulator and more for a lower price then people will and should buy it, though it only exists for one reason only and I think that is pretty obvious. Of course that remains to be seen.

If a product is worthy of praise OR derision, so be it.

It has become obvious that there are board members whose chief interest in being here is to make money from other members, not to share their knowledge and experience and to be with people of similar interests.

Greg,

I call it like I see it. I think The Formulator is superior in its design, and it looks like it would be way more comfortable than the FU. If you wish to disagree, and you think I am stepping over the line, then that is fine. I do not stand to gain one red cent from giving my opinion, so I presented it. I have a couple of PDA products, so I have bought from them as well in the past. My loyalties lie with what works for me. Maybe the FU will work better for somebody else, then they will have a different opinion. That's what makes the world go 'round.

Steve Weiner

It has become obvious that there are board members whose chief interest in being here is to make money from other members, not to share their knowledge and experience and to be with people of similar interests.

Agreed. It seems like every day there is a pitch for something.

T!

I'm happy to see people spending their time trying to meet my needs, even if it means they make a profit in the process. My price point for most grip stuff is less than $50, so the more competition the better.

I don't doubt there are people out the reaping benefits from the formulator that are worth more than the price. I'm just not on that side of the demand curve. Given what a comercially produced dard costs ($60-80), I doubt the formulator will fall in my price range any time soon.

Who would that be then?

If I were to buy one, I would buy the Formulator. It actually looks like it would work, it is proven by some very strong and respected people, and it looks much more comfortable.

John, I was wondering, I don't have any money, and I was just curious if you would give me about 5 or so and I can talk good about you. :)

There are people on ths board who for some reason have agenda's against others. For every sales pitch that is thrown out, there are 3 posts with a negative slant towards someone. John is a sponsor of this board and he has the right to mention or try to sell anything he wants I would think.

Greg,

I call it like I see it.  I think The Formulator is superior in its design, and it looks like it would be way more comfortable than the FU.  If you wish to disagree, and you think I am stepping over the line, then that is fine.  I do not stand to gain one red cent from giving my opinion, so I presented it.  I have a couple of PDA products, so I have bought from them as well in the past.  My loyalties lie with what works for me.  Maybe the FU will work better for somebody else, then they will have a different opinion.  That's what makes the world go 'round.

Steve Weiner

Steve,

You mentioned that you liked the formulator and that it is a good product. I trust your opinion so I believed that you wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. I was not personally attacking you for your opinion but I did disagree with the comments about the PDA device being uncomfortable. It is my opinion that this was unfair given that you had not actually tried the device. That was my opinion, I tried to make it clear that I was not angry or anything like that.

My interest in the PDA device has to do with the fact it almost looks like a combination DARD and wrist strengthener in the picture. While that probably means it isn't perfect for either job, it might be good enough for both. My son is a fullback in football and mid-fielder in lacrosse and from time to time gets pains in his shins. I was thinking about getting a DARD for him and have been looking into them.

I have two friends who have raved about the formulator. I believe it is probably an excellent product.

Not mad, not trying to get personal.

Greg

"John is a sponsor of this board and he has the right to mention or try to sell anything he wants I would think. "

Actually no. :) Sponsors are not to be hawking their goods on the gripboard. The banners are here and that's it. Besides, when all is said and done the proof is in the pudding and I believe the sponsors here agree. I myself have said I thought the formulator was excellent. It had nothing to do with John being a sponsor either. And, if PDA does come out with something similar and I get a chance to try it and it's not as good, I will say so. Just like if it's just as good I would say that too. :)