New Found Respect for the #3

Guest CrazyCarl95

Guest CrazyCarl95

I finally got my #3 in the mail today.  I always knew it was going to be hard, but man that thing feels like a brick when I squeeze it.  I have closed the #2 on numerous occassions and just ordered the #3 to do negatives with the eventual goal of closing it.  Humbles us common man, but someday hopefully it will give.  Good job to you fellas that are certified.

i know what you mean man.  i just got my #3 a couple of weeks ago (finally), and HOLY CRAP!!  you COC's are monsters.  i've got a long road ahead of me, but i'll join ya'll on the list one day.

It is very humbling, I was 1.25" away if I remember correctly on my first try.  Take your time and don't worry about it.  Just remember, don't get injured.....

I know how you feel.  When I first got my #3, I couldn't budge it... let alone try and close it.  Time and training got me to where I am today.  Even if you can close the #2, the #3 is like night and day.  Train HARD, and Good Luck!!   :)

Wait until you get your hands on the #4 !!! That is a brick.

Seriously, the #3 is a monster gripper and I hope that my PDA gripper (that has been shipped today !) will help me to close it.

If you can close the #2 casually, try strap holds with it. It's one of the best thing to do in order to close the #3.

Guest kINGPIN

Like all grippers, when you first squeeze it it does give way nicely.  Then all of a sudden it bites.  When that happens, all you can do is keep squeezing.  I am using it for heavy negatives at the moment as suggested by someone on this board......can't think who though. ;)   I am also doing strapholds with the #1 but again the name of the person who recomended it escapes me. :D

Kingpin,

Excessive use of grippers CAN lead to loss of memory!!  :D  :D

I better trim down my gripper work because I have been experience a bit of memory loss(ie going into a room and forgetting what has to be done!) :0

Had a long break 3-4 month break from  finishing high school and I'm starting university 2 weeks from now! :crazy

I better train my brain because I haven't touch a textbook for 3 months!

JAMES

Roark - I like reading textbooks especially maths and scineces. I'm no good at English(I just pass the English component in the uni entrance!). At last no more english in university! I'm doing BE Photovoltaic Engineering - it's all about solar energy(sunlight>electricity). 4-5 years more to go and no more textbooks!!!

THis is my super abbreviated grip routine to complement with my studies:

Monday

Warm up - T x 6 reps

Set 1 #1 Straphold hold for 10s

Set 2 #1 for reps

Thursday

Warm up - T x 6 reps

Set 1 ISG x 12 reps

Set 2 ISG(inverted) x 12 reps

Gripper Workout takes about 7 minutes. I have to study like a FREAK because I need to get excellent grades :p

James

study hard james.  i wish i had my freshman year, maybe then i wouldn't have to hang around another year.