What Kind Of Warm-up Bends You Better Benders Do?

rolf

Hey all,

I'm starting to progress in my bending. I'm interested in what kind of warm-ups you guys do who are in the 400 lb. toughness region. Do you do anything below 200 lbs? I'm thinking I might drop that one once I'm close to 400 lbs. I bend after gripper work.

My planned bends for my next workout are (IM stock):

- 1 green (160 lbs.)

- 1 yellow (210 lbs.)

- 1 blue (260 lbs.)

- 3 blues with .5 cm (1/5") cut off

- 1 blue

Thanks for any input!

Rolle

Hey all,

I'm starting to progress in my bending. I'm interested in what kind of warm-ups you guys do who are in the 400 lb. toughness region. Do you do anything below 200 lbs? I'm thinking I might drop that one once I'm close to 400 lbs. I bend after gripper work.

My planned bends for my next workout are (IM stock):

- 1 green (160 lbs.)

- 1 yellow (210 lbs.)

- 1 blue (260 lbs.)

- 3 blues with .5 cm  (1/5") cut off

- 1 blue

Thanks for any input!

Rolle

i feel stronger befor a bend if i lift weights and bench press. then the bends go easy :D

I like to bend after squats, seems to get my body ready for torture. I start with 60D's on warm ups, do anywhere from 3-7 an then up it to grade 8 5.5in, after that I am ready for a pr attempt or just heavy stuff for w/o............Brett

Unfortunately I can't bend after lifting, my weightlifting training sessions take almost 1.5 hours anyway. Hence, I do a separate grip and neck workout on Saturday nights.

Brett,

That's quite a lot of warm-ups. But then again you're at a totally different level from me. :blush I think I would need more than three warm-ups for that kind of work also. :blink And so you start with 60D's which are probably above the IM blue...

Rolle