Pat Povilaitis And Dennis Rogers Cd Set?

GatorGrip

Pat Povilaitis and Dennis Rogers Training Seminar Live and Uncut : 3 CD Set

This is the recorded interview series they had done just a while back. The ad says all kinds of things that could be useful to the aspiring bender but I wanted to get an opinion from someone who owns them or has listened to them.

Both men are just awesome in their own rights but I have to be cautious about budget. Thanks for any guidance you can provide others and me on this.

Now since you sell them John Wood you can't comment on how great they are! :laugh

I've got my reservations about those cd's.

The dvd's are WAY too pricey.

I wouldn't mind grabbing one, but thats just too much.

How do you put a price on years and years of experience? These guys have worked many years to develop their strength and techniques to be able to do these things. Should they give it away for free? Everything costs money, even this awesome GripBoard. If someone thinks the CD's are too expensive - don't buy them - but I hope this post doesn't turn into a slam fest.

I agree, but almost 40 bucks for a dvd??

I'd love to get some of their dvd's, but I can't justify the cost.

No disrespect.

Speaking of the gripboard costing to run, how would one go about making a donation to the board?

RL

Edited by LAHotSauce

I'm with smitty.

All I can say is that for the price you are paying for the CD's, you will save yourselves hundreds of dollars, if not more, on materials that Dennis and Pat have invested their own money on to gain their knowledge. In addition, you will save yourself alot of time and frustration just trying to figure every little thing out for yourself. Between these two guys, you have decades of experience. You want an example of saving time? It took me almost two years of experimenting on grippers before I closed a #3. After playing with grippers for almost a year, I learned that a good set in the hand is advantageous. Now, with the Grip Board, you can get that knowledge right off the bat. All of my knowledge has not come for free, as I have invested much time and money to further myself. I am far from the only person here with a similar experience. Do yourself a favor, invest in these CD's if you are serious about becoming a better strength athlete. You will still nedd to think for yourself, and apply the advice properly, but you will avoid some pitfalls. Now, the DVD? What you will see is well worth 10 times the $39.99 asking price. It is amazing to me that you can get such good stuff for so cheap! And, it is professionally produced! For the price of a few beers and a couple of burgers, you'll have something that will be a treasured addition to your DVD collection. The beer and burgers? Turn around and say goodbye to both within a few hours, if you get my drift.

Oh I am by no means implying Dennis or Pat's informational experience wouldn't be worth it's weight in gold but I myself am concerned that it would be worth it for me to purchase it since I have learned so much about bending from the great guys, articles and even e-book both on the grip board and the Diesel websites. I just don't want to spend this much money, which for me would be a considerable amount to hear many things I have already come to know, some of which has been on the grip board by the Terminator himself. This is why I was asking if anyone had heard these new audio cds so I could make a more informed decision of whether to save up and purchase them or not. Again I don't doubt anything that Dennis Rogers or Pat Pavolaitis aka: Terminator says about bending or old time strongman stuff.

I am just trying to make a more informed decision friends nothing more, nothing less.

So no slam fest should even be considered on this subject because no one is being attacked or needs defending.

:calmDOWN EVERYBODY NO NEED FOR A CYBER RIOT!!!

Edited by GatorGrip

All I can say is that for the price you are paying for the CD's, you will save yourselves hundreds of dollars, if not more, on materials that Dennis and Pat have invested their own money on to gain their knowledge.  In addition, you will save yourself alot of time and frustration just trying to figure every little thing out for yourself.  Between these two guys, you have decades of experience.  You want an example of saving time?  It took me almost two years of experimenting on grippers before I closed a #3.  After playing with grippers for almost a year, I learned that a good set in the hand is advantageous.  Now, with the Grip Board, you can get that knowledge right off the bat.  All of my knowledge has not come for free, as I have invested much time and money to further myself.  I am far from the only person here with a similar experience.  Do yourself a favor, invest in these CD's if you are serious about becoming a better strength athlete.  You will still nedd to think for yourself, and apply the advice properly, but you will avoid some pitfalls.  Now, the DVD?  What you will see is well worth 10 times the $39.99 asking price.  It is amazing to me that you can get such good stuff for so cheap!  And, it is professionally produced!  For the price of a few beers and a couple of burgers, you'll have something that will be a treasured addition to your DVD collection.  The beer and burgers?  Turn around and say goodbye to both within a few hours, if you get my drift.

Thanks for the info.

I guess I'm just a tight wad. I have been told I squeak when I walk. In addition, my wife would probably have a problem with that since I have spent almost a hundred bucks on grippers, I am planning on buying another, and I just bought a 50 dollar Stevie Ray Vaughan out of print Gold CD by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab.

Now that is definitely worth its weight in gold!!

Les Bon Temps Rouler!

Guys, there's nothing wrong with asking what people think about products. I can't count the number of times I've bought books, tapes, equipment , etc and ended up feeling kind of dissapointed. When I read Gatorgrips post - I didn't get the impression he was having a problem about paying for knowledge but asking what anyone who had seen these two items thought of them. If anyone actually has seen (heard) them - give us your opinion. There are product reviews for everything under the sun - what not this stuff? Just my 2 cents. And if a guy could only afford one of them , which one would you choose?

Edited by climber511

You get what you pay for relating to anything. shoot, I pay 7 bucks a pd for butter, over 300 dollars to fill my freezer full of meats, since I ship in my meat from Montana. I get Raw milk from Calf, etc. Is not easy for anything. No wonder why I cannot buy clothes for myself, haaaaaaa :blink

It's too new to tell. We won't really know until a bunch of folks choke up the scratch required to buy the set and then bother to give us their opinions. Then there are the comparisons to other (cheaper) options, etc.

I ship in my meat from Montana

You definitely go after the top notch beef!

Watch out for that mad cow thing. Was Montana affected by that??

I'd love to get some of that Montana (mad cow free) beautifully marbelized, aged black angus ribeyes and filets. mmmmmmmmmmm

RL

Anybody that has been around Dennis Rodgers and Slim Farman will learn a great deal,these 2 men are the last links to the Mighty Atom and other great oldtime strongmen of the past.

Being around people like the above and learning 1 to 1 cannot be beaten,but the next best thing is dvds,cd,s etc unless you wanna pay Dennis $300 per hour for 1 to 1 instruction.

As good as Dennis is Pat can do stuff that no one else can do and that includes Dennis.

2 people that are the best at what they do on cd and dvd,s what more can we ask for,as soon as I,ve got the cash i will be getting the dvd,s and cd,s.

Cutting out the time factor etc is always a good thing,I would think that off these cd,s and dvd,s,you would learn more watching and listening to these great strongmen,in a couple of hours that would take years to try and figure out yourself.

Dennis and Pat,give a lot back and especially to charities,so your dosh will also be going to help out people less fortunate than ourselves. :bow

40 bucks really doesnt sound that out of line to me for such a specialty product, if it is instructional then it is of great interest to me especially for horshoes and bigger wrench bending...I would like to know more about what is on it though, is there a detailed list of the feats and or training topics? Inquiring minds wanna know.....Brett

Kerbjr

If you go onto the Funtional Hand Strength Site and highlight the tital of the dvd-cd,s it will bring up the contents of each.

Enpowering oneself to get better to help others is priceless. I have spent thousands of $$$ learning. Everytime I learn something new it just gets me to the next step faster. Dennis is building gyms for kids with the money I think. So all is good when you bless the little ones. Keeping a kid off the street and hearing the Word Of God, do the math. Keeping them from my place of work and out of handcuffs. PRICELESS!