States Represented By Captains Of Crush

Sybersnott

This question came up while I was over at a relative's place over the weekend celebrating my niece's birthday.  She asked me about my certification on becoming a Captain's Of Crush, and then asked me do I know where most of them are (where they live).  I told her the only other person I know of that is a certified COC that lives in Georgia (my home state) is Roger Steffens.

But this made me wonder:  are there any states where there are NO Captain's Of Crush?  This information might be useful when the IGC comes into play, and rules and personel will be needed at a particular grip competition (just as an example).

Looking over the OFFICIAL list by IronMind - it looks like a lot of states do NOT have at least ONE person duly certified as a COC.  I think the state of New York has the most.  

Just a personal observation.......  ???

Guest Askalas

Hey I'm from Georgia too :D  I'm working in the Athens area right now.  Although I'm not yet a CoC I am working on it.  What other states are represented out there?

Guest Michael Rabich

Not all states are represented, some states such as New York and Nebraska have a few members and then there are 4 Gillinghams, I'm not sure where they from but probably from the same state, I believe Joe Kinney and Richard Sorin are from South Carolina, so the COC are bunched up.  I think the reason that members are bunched up is because to become a COC, you must first buy the grippers, and to do that you have to know where, so until someone from the area discovers Ironmind, it's impossible, but then once one become sa COC he spreads the word to his friends and more people become certified,

Guest danreeves

As a Texan, I've got to step in here and remind the Tenn. folks that we've got Mark Henry down here.  :D  I went to HS about 40 miles from where he did in Silsbee, Texas.

And for whats it worth, I think he will clean the Apollon no problem, get at least one good press in. The man is a monster.

danreeves,

I met Mark Henry in person and got to talk to him a bit.  You're right.... the man is HUGE!!  I felt real small while standing next to him - he's the real deal, and very friendly.

I haffta agree with Clayton.  Tennessee has some dudes with stong hands - Kinney and Heath Sexton immediately come to mind.  So, just what is it with Tennessee?!?   ???  ???

BTW, I live in metro-Atlanta, GA - in Marietta, GA.  Thought it was just me and Roger.... let's get some more guys from Georgia on that certified list!!!   :D  :D

I was thinking that it would be useful to have a map with a dot for each COC.   A US map and a map of Europe would cover most.  It would also be interesting, and beneficial, to have some of our long-standing board members marked on a map.  I looked for a good digital map recently but could not find a nice one that I could use copyright free.  If anyone can find one let me know.  Who knows, maybe we can find some type of pattern, maybe all the COC's in the US drink from the same artesian water well or can trace their water back to the same spring in the Eastern mountains.

Nathan, I'm from Québec. Mark Harrisson (CanadaCrush) is from Ontario. Luke Reimer is from BC. Looks like there's not a lot of canadians on the board.

Are there any serious grip enthusiasts or potential CoC's in Utah besides me? I am in Salt Lake City and hope to close the number 3 sometime this year. We have some great armwrestlers here, including the best (the Brzenk brothers), but I don't know about CoC's.

paul