1st Red Nail Attempt On Day 100

GatorGrip

100th day since I started bending steel. I have been mightily blessed at this endeavor no doubt. I normally would not put a failed attempt on the board but since so many people thought I could do this that a couple even sent me the Red to try I thought this needed to be shown. I am bummed about it to say the least, all I have to show is 3 blisters - 2 of which merged during my efforts and then I completely tore off the thick flap of raw skin. My shoulders, rotors and blades are extremely sore from the effort I put into this bend, so I can't say I didn't give it my best efforts.

I believe my strength is not to blame as much as my poor mastery of leverage on the 7" inch steel. I am down but not defeated and I publicly said the month after I started bending that I would bend the Red within the year, so I have a promise to keep and I am a man of my word.

http://www.gripboard.com

So as unglamorous or unimpressive as this Red might be it is a reminder of how challenging it can be and how sometimes you have to dig deep within oneself and say to your mountain - If I can't go over you I will go around you, if not around you then I will go under you but mark my word I will get past you one way or the other!

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Failure is when you refuse to try again when you still have something left!

100th day since I started bending steel. I have been mightily blessed at this endeavor no doubt. I normally would not put a failed attempt on the board but since so many people thought I could do this that a couple even sent me the Red to try I thought this needed to be shown.  I am bummed about it to say the least, all I have to show is 3 blisters - 2 of which merged during my efforts and then I completely tore off the thick flap of raw skin. My shoulders, rotors and blades are extremely sore from the effort I put into this bend, so I can't say I didn't give it my best efforts.

I believe my strength is not to blame as much as my poor mastery of leverage on the 7" inch steel. I am down but not defeated and I publicly said the month after I started bending that I would bend the Red within the year, so I have a promise to keep and I am a man of my word.

http://www.gripboard.com

So as unglamorous or unimpressive as this Red might be it is a reminder of how challenging it can be and how sometimes you have to dig deep within oneself and

say to your mountain - If I can't go over you I will go around you, if not around you then I will go under you but mark my word I will get past you one way or the other! 

:rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock 

Failure is when you refuse to try again when you still have something left!

Hey gator,

that's a sweet pr.........a little rest and you'll own it. I'm just curious as to what kind of padding u use. After feeling strong at a red with leather I tried the IM's and I was devastated at the pain it caused me.....the blue nail was a night mare and I can barely do my speed benches now with 50% due to the swelling and bruising, franky's bruised hands were a holiday compared to mine.have u had a similar experience or are u IM pads all the way?

Congratulations and Peace,

Burner

Sooooo close.

If that helps:

You were stopped at the 'classical' point Gator. :D

You will take more out of that bend than from any other successful bend.

Take a week rest then finish that thing.

Then you are ready ....

Go for it.

Gator, nice effort. I am sure it is the 7in length that is getting you, buy some 7in 5/16 grade 2 and hit some volume, this will help U own MR RED.........Brett

Gator my friend your doing awesome. keep going and the red won't stand a chance when gator's mitts get going :rock

Don't make me come up there from down south cajun country and splash some hot sauce on that bad boy!!!

Good effort!!

I want to see that red submit to the gators jaws!! I have heard gator's jaws can clamp down with some unbelievable numbers, so CLAMP DOWN ON IT and bend that sucker!

Get some rest and destroy it.

RL

Very nice Gator!

Nice attempt Gator, you will get it soon. Any way you look at it you bent a read, just not to completion. Now you know what it feels like all you have to do is bend it further. I know, easier said than done, but just do it.

I would say good luck, but there is no luck to it, it's all guts.

Mike :rock

sweet Gator. you know what it takes to take it to the next level.

never say die attitude and always looking to the skies...you will get that red son of a gun shortly.

keep it up buddy,

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Gator, sorry it took so long to read this post but I was on VACATION.

I saw your Red PIC and have to say, THAT'S IMPRESSIVE, this was your first red try and you put a good kink in it, now you know this CAN be bent, wait until 120 days of bending, it'll be bent. you're moving along at an amazing pace and 1 stumble was inevitable, so gather it up, focus and bend the freakin thing. oh and try the cheat kinked pieces, I love these.