60 D's And G5's

mikebuck

On Easter 05 I bent my first 60d and have since bent several of them. And also 2 weeks ago bent my first g5 and have since bent several of them. On both 60d and g5 I have bent pieces purchased from differant stores and there are small variations in them. The thing I am happiest about is that I can do it whenever I want to which means it is not a fluke.

Also I put a pretty good kink in a 5/16 g2 yesterday.

I started bending in Feb or late Jan 05 and my goal is to bend the g8 in July.

I'll post some photos later of some of my bends. I am pretty happy and very surprised with my progress, although it is nothing compared to the Gator.

On Easter 05 I bent my first 60d and have since bent several of them. And also 2 weeks ago bent my first g5 and have since bent several of them. On both 60d and g5 I have bent pieces purchased from differant stores and there are small variations in them. The thing I am happiest about is that I can do it whenever I want to which means it is not a fluke.

Also I put a pretty good kink in a 5/16 g2 yesterday.

I started bending in Feb or late Jan 05 and my goal is to bend the g8 in July.

I'll post some photos later of some of my bends. I am pretty happy and very surprised with my progress, although it is nothing compared to the Gator.

Great job! I wish I could bend 60d's! My bending is pretty weak, but someday I will get a 60d nail!

-Jon :D

Way to go Mike! Told you it wouldn't be long. Keep it going! Just don't forget to work volume too. Listen to your body too. Its easy to do when you keep knocking down PRs!

Good going, Mike!

Once you get to the G5 / 60D level it starts getting even more fun. Work that volume like MikeP mentioned (it was how I finally moved to the G8) start going after shorter bolts as you progress, and there's no way you won't get the G8 by July. I think both Gator and I made the transition from G5 to G8 in around 4-6 weeks (I think it was less time for Gator than it was for me), and we were both hurt, so if you stay injury-free you'll probably get there much sooner than you think!

VeGripper

Good going, Mike!

Once you get to the G5 / 60D level it starts getting even more fun.  Work that volume like MikeP mentioned (it was how I finally moved to the G8) start going after shorter bolts as you progress, and there's no way you won't get the G8 by July.  I think both Gator and I made the transition from G5 to G8 in around 4-6 weeks (I think it was less time for Gator than it was for me), and we were both hurt, so if you stay injury-free you'll probably get there much sooner than you think!

VeGripper

I agree with my fellow steel soldier here. The key my friend VeGripper brought up is probably the most important than volume or the next PR in maximizing your potential for success "stay injury-free you'll probably get there much sooner than you think!" that is the honest truth coming from two guys who know this from real life experience - Blood, Sweat and Skin is part of the pursuit of these most challenging bends but remember this should be kept at a bare minimum. I am sitting at this computer keyboard typing as my left palm is on fire because of two slabs of skin that I ended up tearing open, avoidable injury absolutely! But I again let my PR lust for the next big bend override my good sense and by working through the pain over and over, pushing again and again to no surprise when I laid the steel down I say what a painful mess I had made of my hands on 3 different spots. Now my training and pursuit for the Red must be put on hold so the skin can grow back some before assaulting that steel again. If I had backed off and said I am not having a good day, I am tired from 4 hours of sleep last night and I didn't feel like this is the day I should go after this goal today. I let a calendar override my good judgment because just had to have this particular goal done by today. Ha guess I didn't make it did I and won't tomorrow either.

You are doing absolutely outstanding and you will soon be where you want to be in these pursuits but don't rush it so fast that you don't savor the journey. :rock

MAY YOU TRAIN WITHOUT PAIN AND MAXIMIZED GAINS

Your brother in bending - GatorGrip