Is This Cheating?

rolf

Hey all,

When doing the initial kink with DU, I try to follow the standard procedure of driving my hands down to navel level. At the very end my hands tend to turn, though, so that the pinky side is against my stomach. I seem to apply some force towards my stomach, bending the nail by trying to push my elbows from the sides to the front.

I hope you got that, I tried to be as confusing as possible. :trout

So, is this bracing/cheating?

Rolle

It is probably safer for your wrists to rotate your hands and

elbows slightly forward. This may help reduce the risk of

one wrist suddenly rotating into an awkward/twisting position.

Best of luck with your bending!

Thank you Captain Sir! :D I'll continue as I've done thus far, trying to keep body contact to "grazing" and not "pushing".

Rolle

I would think it would be OK as long as it wasn't used to gain leverage. Of course its OK from the viewpoint of just bending for fun but since you asked about bracing specifically, I wouldn't call it bracing unless it was blatant and used for an advantage. Alot of guys do the same kind of thing when they go DO, they use their chin to steady their hands (or in my case my upper pecs). I don't think any advantage is gained, just thats the groove it feels most comfortable... if anything about bending nails can be considered "comfortable" :)

I also bend DU and I do the same thing, there is definately no leverage gained, and IMO it would pass any cert.