Another One Goes Down!

VeGripper

After my previous failure around 2 weeks ago, I got my first quality bending session in since my hands have healed up well.

Today's mission was the 1/4" x 7" square, and I finally nailed it. The first one I tried today was a miserable failure because I simply didn't give it my best, but the 2nd attempt was pure gold. Kinked it around 50 degrees DU first in one clean sweep, flipped that sucker and killed it off easy. Tried a 3rd one, but only about a 25-30 degree kink and no gas left in the tank to finish it up. I'm finally getting better at DO folding with shorter stuff, but 7" is a pain in the ass for me. So, as punishment I took my stack of failed G5s from the past 2 months and had to DO them to pay the piper for missing the 2nd piece of square. A pair of 6", two 5.5" and one 5" G5 killed off and it was all done for.

I was hoping for a Red attempt next week, but I may bump it a bit until I can knock out a few of these 1/4" square all in one day. When I go for it, I want to succeed, so a little more work for a few weeks and we'll see what happens! As always, thanks much to Greg for the tips and Gator for the motivation, and we'll see what happens next time PR day comes around!

VeGripper

After my previous failure around 2 weeks ago, I got my first quality bending session in since my hands have healed up well.

Today's mission was the 1/4" x 7" square, and I finally nailed it.  The first one I tried today was a miserable failure because I simply didn't give it my best, but the 2nd attempt was pure gold.  Kinked it around 50 degrees DU first in one clean sweep, flipped that sucker and killed it off easy.  Tried a 3rd one, but only about a 25-30 degree kink and no gas left in the tank to finish it up.  I'm finally getting better at DO folding with shorter stuff, but 7" is a pain in the ass for me.  So, as punishment I took my stack of failed G5s from the past 2 months and had to DO them to pay the piper for missing the 2nd piece of square.  A pair of 6", two 5.5" and one 5" G5 killed off and it was all done for.

I was hoping for a Red attempt next week, but I may bump it a bit until I can knock out a few of these 1/4" square all in one day.  When I go for it, I want to succeed, so a little more work for a few weeks and we'll see what happens!  As always, thanks much to Greg for the tips and Gator for the motivation, and we'll see what happens next time PR day comes around!

VeGripper

AWESOME V-Man that Square is a $(*>?&$X!!!! but I knew it wasn't a matter of IF but just WHEN you would conquer that steel. I barely gave it a wrinkle 2 weeks ago, but you killed it great job. Then to top it off with extra corrective training in that pile of Grade 5s I am impressed. You have the strength and endurance & I have luck sometimes.

Well again the Race is on to the RED NAIL but I hope you get it first you really deserve it after all the hard work you have put in to get here and what a fine place to be. Just on the cusp of Final Victory. Of course you know our two warrior spirits and the addiction are not going to let us just set back for long. I give it a week then it will be on to the FBBC stuff for sure.

Have a Great Evening and May God Bless Us Both To Continue Towards Our Goals! :rock:inno:rock

Your Friend For Life

Gator

Excellent bend!

You now have a greenlight for the Red Nail.

A square?

Using DU?

50°?

Thats awesome.

Even though I can easily bend a G5 using DU and a square DO I'm absolutely nowhere from bending the square DU. :bow

I'm green with envy. :D

Thanks much to everyone on the kind words. I still remember looking at that 1/4" square back last fall and thinking "Maybe bending just isn't for me" - and now it manages to go down. My hands hurt like hell today because after the bending I went and ran the grip gauntlet in my basement again, which is causing me some serious grief now. I just bent a blue to gauge how wrecked I am right now, and my palms are still huring 5 minutes later from the easy crushdown, so I'll be laying low on grip stuff for a few days to heal on up. But, one more step closer to the goal, and soon enough it'll all fall into place!

VeGripper

Great job man, good progress.

:bow congradulations :rock