New Pr

LAHotSauce

I closed my 2005 #2 the other day for the first time.

Since then I have closed it every time I try it (when I'm rested).

The question is, am I getting stronger or is my #2 getting weaker with all the forced closes, negatives, etc?

RL

Nice job. You're definitely getting stronger. I doubt it would weaken that quickly to the extent that you can now close it every time. You're stronger. :phone:rock

I've heard that just the opposite happens with grippers, that they get stronger as more time elapses and closes increase.

As a general rule grippers will get easier as you use them, but only to a point. This point is reached when the gripper becomes "seasoned". When seasoned a gripper will no longer get weaker its strength will remain the same from that point forward. The number of reps to season a gripper is around 100-125. Good information about seasoning is available at the PDA site.

Congrats on that #2 close...Now onward and upward!!

Congrats! I remember I was very happy when I conquered my #2. Nobody in my gym could close it then. Now go for the next gripper :rock

What gripper should I get next?

I am thinking about the RB210. Good choice? I'm assuming 210lbs to close?

But how could that be correct if the RB 300 is equivalent to a #4 rated at 365?

I do see that the BB super master would be an appropriate choice.

I don't want to make the big jump to the #3 yet, just something with maybe 30 lbs more resistance?

I am thinking:

RB210

HG250

I really like the looks of those RB grippers.

Any suggestions from the experts?

Edited by LAHotSauce

Way to go, RL! :rock

great job on that lahot.

a good next gripper might be the hg250. mine is just a small jump up from my coc2 so it will help you get evewn better without being to big a jump.

Nice going, now put some hot sauce on that ....!

Go for the RB210, i got one too, and it is a nice inbetweener... I also think a bbsm is a good idea.

Great work on the 2

after I closed it I went for the PDA 262, which is just a bit above a 2

now I'm working on a HG300, once I've got that down I'll go for the 3.

Just some more ideas for your next gripper.

like Paul said onward and upward.

James

I closed my 2005 #2 the other day for the first time.

Since then I have closed it every time I try it (when I'm rested).

The question is, am I getting stronger or is my #2 getting weaker with all the forced closes, negatives, etc?

RL

I am going to claim that you are getting stronger "Cajun Crusher" yeah the little gripper may have seasoned a tad but when you dowsed that # 2 with LAHotSauce it had no chance of getting out of the pot alive. Onward and upward. Great Achievment! :rock I really want to close mine but you know right now BENDING IS MY THANG!

Your Friend as long as you don't try to cook me up as Gator Tail. I know you damn Cajuns will eat anything that don't get to eat you first! :laugh

Yes, I have had alliGATOR more than once in my lifetime! Alligator sausage is the best!! I first had it at Chef John Folse's restaraunt in Donaldsonville, LA. Dat true cajun country over dere, cher!

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

Today after my chest, legs, tri's workout I grabbed that #2 and totally dominated it for 3 reps RH, 2 reps LH. Authoritative closes with audible click on the first rep.

I guess doing legs and after a good workout you have some extra gripping power. I literally wondered where the extra strength came from as I treated that #2 like a piece of meat! "Get under my feet!!!" "Light weight!!!"

Anyhoo, it was a nice accomplishment for me, just a warmup for you other gripsters in the major leagues.

I think for my anniversary coming up I'll request that RB210.

Les bon temps rouler! :D

RL

Edited by LAHotSauce

• 3 weeks later...

good job. u're definitely getting stronger.