Bit Of Wrist Pain

Dude

I'm on the third week of KTA and I'm noticing some nasty pain on the top of my wrist about an inch back. Never had this before. It feels like I have really bad bruising but there is none I can see. It's on both wrists so I think its gotta be something with the gripping.

I've been doing contrast baths after I get done with KTA but I have a few Q's on what you guys do in them. Do you move both hands in hot and cold, or move the hot and keep the cold still, etc? Also how much do you guys do for time in the water and switches. I've been doing 30 seconds in each for about 10 reps. Feels good but doesn't seem to be fixing the wrist. Open for suggestions.

I've read past posts that said to move hands around, etc. in the hot, and hold still in the cold. This is because the goal of the hot is blood flow, so moving hands helps, while the goal of the cold is to.... not sure what the word is... but to make it cold and still, so don't move hands.

I do probably 1-2 minutes in hot, then 1-2 minutes in cold, for about 2 or 3 dips in each bucket. In the cold I leave them in so it gets to a point where I can hardly stand it, then it gets past it and I can hardly feel the cold water at all... I'll leave them in for maybe 20 seconds after that, then go to the hot.

I'd be interested to see what other do or think works best, also. :)

Do you train the wrists?

They might be lagging behind, and causing muscle imbalances.

Try taking some time of from hard gripping, and hit the wrists hard instead, both heavy, strength-building work, and light work to get the bloodflow going proper.

Edited by nagual

i fill up my sink with cold water and let them soak for approximately 2-4 minutes, extending my fingers out and then closing them. i then repeat the process with hot water.