Table Set

Titan

I hear the term "Table Set"? What is this? Can a person use this while trying for a COC3? I am so naive that I only thought you could Hand Set a gripper ... and that the gripper must be the width of a credit or debit card just prior to crushing it? Table Setting a gripper I would only assume would lead to a disqualified attempt, however, I am very new to grip training and just don't understand the term ?? Thanking Anyone with Answers In Advance Kurk

Table set is basically picking up the gripper without adjusting it with the other hand and setting it. Table no set, or TNS, means setting it on table and picking it up and closing it, doesn't have to be a table, just a figure of speech.

You can use it for training for the #3. No-setting a gripper is much harder than using a regular set. TNS would not be a disqualification when you cert the #3. When you cert with the credit card set you can set the gripper but you have to put in the CC to show spacing and when you remove it your not allowed to touch it with anything else thereafter to close it

Welcome to the gripboard. :D

I hear the term "Table Set"?  What is this? Can a person use this while trying for a COC3?  I am so naive that I only thought you could Hand Set a gripper ... and that the gripper must be the width of a credit or debit card just prior to crushing it?  Table Setting a gripper I would only assume would lead to a disqualified attempt, however, I am very new to grip training and just don't understand the term ??  Thanking Anyone with Answers In Advance  Kurk

I think what you are refering to is a "table no-set" aka TNS. This is where you simply pick the gripper up from a flat surface with ONE hand and close it wilth ONLY THAT hand without any assistance from the OTHER hand.