2" bar

underdawg

underdawg,

Thank you!  I think I'll be buying one!  I have their plate loaded grip machine, and it's great!  :)  :)

Guest rockblaster

I inquired about the 2" bar from New York Barbells.  They weren't too confident of its loading capacity so I e-mailed Brooks Kubik and he recommended I get  2",7' SOLID, cold-rolled steel bar stock.  I did so for less than I would pay for the lighter 2"  bar at New York Barbells.  I have had GREAT results with it.  In a way, it is like lifting weights all over again--except this time, grip work does not get neglected.  I also agree with Sybersnott-- I too, have their grip unit and it  works great.

A friend built me a grip machine just like that one for $30, only it wasn't locked in at the top.  It is loose enough so that I could pull the handle towards me or away from me as I pull up.  And it is taller.

Michael Falkov

I found the Bryan Neese website, Mastiff Equipment while poking around on the web.  The link below goes to the thick bars he sells.  Check out those lifting stones, too:

http://www.mastiffstrength.com/prod01.htm